How to train

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by fireball956, Nov 29, 2012.

1. fireball956

fireball956 New Member

I need help on how to train

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Train for what? Field? CQB? Help us help you.

3. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    1. Decide you goal, or purpose for training. (that's pretty much what Maxuhmize said
    2. Read some material, watch video instruction
    3. Practice target acquisition and accuracy, individual movement while your alone
    4. Practice team movement, maneuvers and battle drills with others
    Put your time into it and you'll be one of the few, the proud, the 'practiced'.

4. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    Your most basic form of training is going to be physical training in which you prepare your self physically for your weekend of exertion.

Most amateurs tend to discount the value of cardio and its use within a shooting sport like airsoft. Running, swimming, biking, hiking up hills at a brisk pace all work your cardio and will make your life much better while you are in a fire fight. The best way to get a grasp of why cardio is so important is to do IMTs or 3-5 second rushes for 1 minute as fast as you can. If you are not sure what an IMT is: lay in the prone get up as fast as you can and sprint as fast as you can while saying "I'm up, he sees me, I'm down." When you think in your head the word "down" you should be back in the prone. Do that for 1 minute and you will feel how much cardio is needed for this sport.

Other exercises are core exercises as much of the movements are going to engage your abs and hips especially if you are running through brush.

I am sorry for the lengthy post but your question was very broad, there is reason that the US military has STACKS of unique books on "training" and they have a command within the military that JUST focuses on training.