Airsoft Forum banner

1-5how did i do (watch vid first)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this was my first airsoft build; actually it was the first time I even opened the gearbox and I decided to challenge myself with building a quality dsg, heres my parts list.
A&k LR300 upper, lower and barrel.
A&k v2 gearbox
M160 spring
SHS lightened 15 steel tooth piston. (Also swiss cheesed with extra teeth filed off)
SHS dsg gear
SHS 18:1
Gonna have a NANO Asr mosfet
11.1v lipo 25-50c discharge
Jg ball bearing spring guide
SHS pom piston head
SHS cylinder head
Some m4 oring nozzle on ebay.
G&G 35k titan motor is one in vid, It's from another gun, I still need to buy a motor so recommendations would be appreciated around $60

Overall look at the vid link tell me how I did with shimming and all.

after watching vid, for some reason the audio doesn't pick up the crisp popping and just the wine. In person wine is unnoticable.

· Premium Member
2,917 Posts
For your first build, that's pretty good. Shimming sounds good. For a motor, ASG motors seem to be very nice at $40-$55, and from 14-28 tpa. Sorry it took so long to get a reply...

· Premium Member
6,422 Posts
Sounds pretty smooth, a bigger battery wouldn't hurt.

· Registered
62 Posts
yeah a bigger battery would be good. it would be good if you find a battery with a 20 or better discharge rate. DSGs tend to put quite the drain on the battery. i also secound the ASG motors. but that looks like a really nice build keep it up.

· Premium Member
6,422 Posts
A discharge rate of 20 what? 20 amps? 20 watts? 20C?

Reactions: BOA_SP3CT3R

· Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, 20c is the discharge rate. I'd suggest a 30c constant discharge rate. i just noticed you said a 25c-50c battering the first number is the constant discharge and the second is the burst rating. When I build my first DSG I went through a few batteries with 15 and 20c. You can get good batteries from hobbyking.

· Registered
30 Posts
C rating is only half the equation when it comes to how much current your battery can safely put out. You multiply the capacity by the C rating to get the continuous current. In case anyone doesn't know. C is defined as a 1 hour discharge current. A 1 Amp Hour battery (1000milliamp hour) can put out 1 Amp for 1 hour. A 10C discharge would deplete a battery in 6 minutes. 20C = 3 minutes. a 20C 500mAh can only do 10 Amps continuous. A 10C 5000mAh can do 50A continuous. Most airsoft batteries seem to be between 1000mAh and 1400mAh capacity if it's going to fit in gun stock. A 20C 1000mAh battery would be 20A continuous rating. you should probably shoot for 30C or higher if using 1000mAh. 25C would probably be good for batteries over 1250mAh to give the same continuous current rating. I have left burst current ratings off of this explanation. They are usually listed as double the continuous rating, or close to it 20/40C 25/50C. Each battery manufacturer has different definitions for burst current rating. Is it 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds. They really don't say. Their rating system wasn't designed for our semi-auto trigger pulls that pull very high current for a very short time due to the motor starting from a stand still.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.