Hydrapak

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Shatteredsmile27, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Shatteredsmile27

Shatteredsmile27 New Member

today I purchased a hydration pack. It is a hyrdabak and is surplus. The container is fine but should I replace the straw or just the mouth piece?

Attached Files:

2. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    I have never seen or heard of anyone replace it on a new pack. Is it new? If so then no. If used then perhaps for sanitary reasons.

3. Shatteredsmile27

It is at a local military surplus store and I'm pretty sure it is used. The od green one I saw last had a new bladder and straw still in the plastic. This came with it all that but the straw is in some thermal shield thing and the end was turning yellow so I ordered a new one

4. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Well that solves that, get a new one if it may have been used and is turning yellow. I wouldn't use mine under those conditions.

5. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Go to a store with camping supplies and look for camelbak or other water pack replacements. Seen 3 yesterday while I was looking for a camelbak pouch.

6. Shatteredsmile27

The pouch was replaced and the straw seems to be fine. the mouth piece was turning yellow ( and i would rather marry a massochist then use it) so I got some "aqua flood" thing that is a replacement for it. is camelbak compatible with other water carriers?

Attached Files:

7. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Not sure. The one I have is a platypus hoser 70oz for 20$.

Attached Files:

8. Shatteredsmile27

Mine is a 100oz one that I got with a marpat backpack as well for $24.

9. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Plus whatever else you have to buy. Good deal. Better than 36$ for camelbak pouch and then backpack which is more.

10. Shatteredsmile27

And then the super drinker Aqua rush fountain spout or whatever the hell it's called was only like $5. Apparently aquapak is high end stuff. I've never heard of it but the thing I got was given to the store after a tour in Iraq.