I am told KS is a rebrand of JG, can't substantiate this.

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Sacarathe, Jun 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sacarathe

Sacarathe New Member

London
    Hi, I've done extensive research into my eventual goal of modding a KS P90 to operate as effectively as an M4 - for disability reasons I like the bullpup form factor.

I have heard lots of things about the KS P90, but I am unable to find them in stock in europe.

I can find the JG P90 in stock, and I have been told by someone trustworthy but who did not provide evidence that they are the same original platform. And my googlefu has confirmed that the JG/KS/Echo1 P90s are connected, but not the exact way, nor which is best to buy.

Does anyone know of a website representing the interests of KS, or any other way to substantiate this link between KS and JG?

Thanks for your time.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    Im pretty sure they are the same, just labeled as "KS" for some reason.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    KS and JG will get you the same end result.
    Echo is going to be a bit different internally. A slightly different spring, typically (I want to say) Madbull bushings, and a new bucking, as well as Echo's 90 day extended warranty.

Echo vs the OEM, can be summed up as such. If you're planning on upgrading or even opening the gearbox within the first 6-8 months of owning, save your money and get the OEM version. If you're planning on holding out and not upgrading in the near future, then Echo would be a good choice.

But my understanding is internally, KS is identical to JG just like the Kart M14 is identical to the CYMA M14 (Socom).

4. Sacarathe

Sacarathe New Member

London
    That is peculiar.

Thanks that's helpful, I am planning to open it to to convert to an AEG DMR platform or install a HPA system. I was not even considering purchasing Echo, and your comments have affirmed my position there.

I mentioned it(echo) in the interests of indicating thoroughness of research, that said, I was not so certain as I am now of their relationship, I appreciate the confirmation greatly.

I found these two videos, which will be helpful with working on it:

(Although one is titled KSP, does that mean that KSP is the brand and KS in the range, kind of like CYMA and CM?)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jepla1oofhs[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlAt1ruRgoY[/ame]

5. derpymonkey

derpymonkey Member

Kalamazoo
    KS JG and Echo1 p90's are all the same no matter what people say, I got a KS p90 quite awhile back, a friend got a E1 about a year after I got mine, we compared internal/externals once, completely the same gun, the reason I dis like E1. then awhile ago KS p90's disappeared and then the JG one came out.

6. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    CYMA is NOT the same as CM. CM is Combat Machines aka a line of guns by the brand G&G. CYMA is simply that.

-mobile device-

7. Sacarathe

Sacarathe New Member

London
    I'm confused. :S What do G&G Combat Machines have to do with the naming conventions of CYMA products?

From your reaction, if I have broken some kind of rule(?), it's not clear how.

In Europe all the CYMA guns i've seen for sale are marketed by their product codes in the format "CM.0xx". All G&G guns have G&G at the start of their names in the format "G&G CM18 Mod1 DST". Thus when I asked "if KS was (strangely) short for KSP", I drew a parallel with how CM is (AFAIK) pointlessly short for CYMA in the CYMA weapon ranges.

Here is an example:
    http://www.taiwangun.com/en/sub-machine-guns

I was asking if KSP and KS were the same?

8. theonlyBuster

S. Florida
    I was understanding as you meaning CM as a brand, rather than model name. CYMA names their guns CM###. I understood last post as you referring to CM as brand rather than model number.
    This is likely the reason why CM guns are referred to as "CM###" or "CYMA CM###" or "CYMA ##"

-mobile device-

9. thatzackwheeler

thatzackwheeler New Member

Menasha
    Hm, is there a flowchart or spreadsheet that lists all the equivalent manufacturers of different rifles and pistols?

10. Sacarathe

Sacarathe New Member

London
    Ah, I see, it was the [aboslute] tone of your words that threw me off, no worries. :)

I was considering that myself, I doubt there is, but it would not be hard to make one, I thought these [sortable]columns would be good:

Real Steel Weapon
    Form Factor (pistol/rifle/shotgun/ etc)
    Real Steel Weapon Manufacturer
    AEG/GAS/Spring/Other
    Airsoft Manufacturer
    Re-brander (if applicable)

Name as sold.
    Model Numbers
    Re-brander model numbers(if applicable)

Inner Barrel Length
    Gearbox Version
    Stock Spring