I can't get my Gearbox open!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by imax371, Oct 18, 2012.

1. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    My G&G CM M4 Blowback Gearbox will not open up! the imitation bolt came off, but only because I forced it (bad idea, I know), but the black cover over the gold chamber containing the blowback recoil spring and spring guide will not budge. I have seen YouTube videos were the people effortlessly pop them off but mine just doesn't! It may have something to do with the fact that the wiring inside the gearbox is misplaced and the box itself is slightly open, but I can't get the wires back into the right place without opening the gearbox, and I can't open it! PLEASE HELP ME......

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  2. beanmaster50

beanmaster50 New Member

Superior
    Make sure all your screws are out. It looks like there are still some in it though.

3. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    I added another photo, and I don't see anymore screws.

4. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    That blowback assembly on top looks like it's holding the top together. Try taking that off.

5. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    IHOP... would you mind reading what I quoted real quick please? :p ;)

6. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    Put the damned screws back in. The gearbox being open is causing the blowback assembly to be pressed on by the rails it slides on, keeping you from removing it.

7. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    yes i would but the wires are all out of place

8. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    also i don't think the gears are sliding together right

Attached Files:

9. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    That's because the gearbox is partially open...

10. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    well i got it but my gb exploded into a billion tiny pieces.....

11. brockolson97

brockolson97 New Member

Superior, Wisconsin
    Is it your first time with gearboxes?

12. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    If you want help, please take a picture of all the parts you can find, and I can tell you if you are missing anything. Make sure to look for a small bent spring, as that is probably the easiest bit to lose.

13. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    yup, i thought i knew what i was doing. it turns out that i might not be so great with internals

14. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Make sure you do tons of research before going into tech work. I learned this the hard way, and I'm still learning. It takes practice, patience, and persistence when it comes to GB work.

15. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    My gun is in 100+ pieces right now so I just put them all in a box and will take it to the field I'm going to sunday. The tech there can put it back together for me.

16. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    You know, you can probably get it back together much easier than you think, it seems complicated but once you know what everything is it's pretty easy.

17. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    I'll try again but probably fail miserably. I can probably get someone at my game to help me out if I need it. Thank's for trying to help me though.

18. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    Hey man, if you have Skype or face time with your iPhone I've got my gearbox take apart right now I can walk you through how to put it back together.

19. imax371

imax371 New Member

Norwich
    Thanks but it's okay.

20. spazzticsmurff

spazzticsmurff Member

phoenix
    like a freshman eod tech when he clipped the wrong wire , something blows up and he's a lil gun shy afterwards.