Airsoft Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I dabble in logo designing... busy as heck but would love to throw something together if I can find time. No payment though, strictly pro-bono lol.

Everything looks in order though, as mentioned be careful with mesh eye pro, Lancer Tactical should be ok for now, but you may want something a bit nicer at some point.

What are your plans if someone comes with their own gear? I'd imagine you'd want to get onto a Honduras "recreation guide" website, and if an airsofter sees that and is planning to go to Honduras you may want provisions/rules regarding that.
OutlawAirsoft - First of all, thank you for your generous offer! Pro bono huh, well, I will tell you if it works and you are ever in my neck of the woods, we will play airsoft and do some diving on me! Very generous of you, thank you. I will put up my laughable 20 second sketch special if I can figure out how to upload a pic here.
As for the "what if someone shows up with their own gear" - we actually plan on trying to organize some tourney's with the mainland teams IF and when we get up and running. For a tourist to get through security and customs with their own gear would be almost impossible, so not thinking that is something that will happen often if at all. If it does, we will of course, come up with a reduced rate and get them on the field.
With all of the mesh eyepro concerns, I will probably forego using those at all. Hot and humid is our island weather, so fogging is the main concern, but we will figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Here is the laughable sketch.
Branch Plant Gesture Art Font

· Administrator
12,548 Posts
Thernal Goggles with good vent holes and head bands...mitigates 99% of the fogging issues with proper use. If you are fogging with this setup you are not using it correctly.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Real time update 09JAN23
This morning I made the final order from amazon. Everything should arrive at out shippers between Jan12 and Jan19, which are the boat departure dates, so everything should make the same boat. The wild card is the Novritsch order containing the SSX23, suppressor, and various other small items. According to their website, shipping takes between 3 and 6 business days, which is still in the sweet spot.
The SSG10 A2 (short barrel), the suppressor for it, the extra magazines are out of stock right now and I have sent a message inquiring about any possible restock times. Obviously, that will be a rogue order on it's own when they are in stock again.
This week we will put together the packet for the island business permit which includes a letter describing the business, proof of residency, and proof of ownership or at least permission to use the land we will be doing this on. Having already had a successful meeting with the mayor (more like a governor status in the States), I feel like this is a no brainer, so just a formality in truth. After that, the hundreds of little things that need to be done as well, but we will get to them while awaiting our shipment to arrive, probably around 21FEB23 of all goes well. Plenty of time to tie up loose ends.
That's it for today so far, have a great day!
Sarge out.

· Registered
Paintball Sportsland, CZ Airsoft, Tactical Airsoft Arena
881 Posts
Dude, building fields is so fun! I am curious though how swampy is the land the field will be on?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Dude, building fields is so fun! I am curious though how swampy is the land the field will be on?
Well, we own a lot that overlooks the ocean that we will use for startup - lot's of huge trees and boulders (spewed out by the volcano that is now the hill) that should be lot's of fun. The only negative thing is that being on a hill, it is "slanted" all the way for the length of it. Our house is going to be "Stepped" into the hill facing the ocean which is cool and great, but for running around, you will always be on a slant. We are talking with a number of landowners, who so far seem willing to let us use their jungle lots to play on as well. The leader in my mind is just out of the main town. It has marsh along the back, which would be a great natural boundary, but solid and dry everywhere else. It is also walled which is great! Going to try to meet with the owner this evening to talk to them about possibilities. PLENTY of land available for what we want to do, so finding a field to use is not something I think will be a problem, especially since we already have our lot to fall back on.

· Registered
881 Posts
I would think a "take the hill" kind of scenario would be fun.

Reactions: SargePayne

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Real time update 11JAN23
My partner in all of this, who is a lawyer turned PADI Course Director, has written up our waiver and it's great! One more small item off the list. Now we (he :) ) will work on the business license letter.
The landowner that I was going to meet with two night ago had to go to La Ceiba for an emergency, so the meeting never happened. I will reschedule it. Life here on the island is that way quite a bit - schedules change frequently and are largely forgotten anyway. Hardly anyone is punctual, but you can't take it personally as it's just the way it is here. it drives me nuts to be honest. Punctuality can be enforced in certain things as the dive boats leave on time, so if you are late you just miss it. Our schedule will be the same - no showing up after the briefing and wanting to play. You just learn to be on time next time. The NCO in me just won't let it be any other way. :D
Anyway, short and brief update today. Have a great day!
Sarge out

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Real time update 12JAN23
Interesting day!
My partner was over today and we were discussing a few things that we need to figure out here to open (target date 27MAR23), and that is when I got an email from my shipper asking me to give him a call. Bear in mind, today is the day ALL the platforms ("weapons") were due to be delivered to them by Amazon, so I kinda already knew what was coming. I called him and he told me he simply can't ship these "weapons" for me. The reason is NOT what you are probably thinking however. He told me, yes, these ARE legal to ship to Honduras and then on to Utila, that was not the problem. The problem is that they are a large shipping company which ships multiple containers every week. These containers contain boxes and cargo from literally hundreds of customers. The problem is that under the customs x-ray, these platforms LOOK like real weapons. When the customs officers possibly see that, they will stop the entire container(s) and hold up EVERYONE'S boxes while they figure out that they are NOT real weapons. Not only that, but it costs roughly $5,000 to unload and reload the container so that they can find and inspect these items. Understandably, he told me it is not practical to take the risk of hundreds of customers orders being held up for my 12 boxes containing the platforms (he is still shipping everything else except the platforms). I told him I fully understood and thanked him. He is actually coming to our island on the 28th so we will sit down and have some drinks in person, which will be good.
Okay, so, entire process halted on a dime.
Absolutely everything for playing airsoft is on it's way EXCEPT an way to shoot the BB's. Times like this show what you are made of and neither my partner nor I have any part of the words "give up" in our vocabulary. We took it in and both devised a plan of action in two minutes tops. We know there are airsoft stores on mainland, scattered about the country. We know they are bringing in airsoft platforms regularly. We know our issue is caused by the large containers and order in those containers. We know these are NOT illegal to own, possess, or bring into the country. We both looked at each other and said "we need a smaller shipping company!" Bingo!
A short google search brought up a few names that we started calling. Second one only spoke spanish, so my partner who speaks it fluently, took over the conversation at that point. Turns out that this company is the one that at least some of the mainland stores use to ship THEIR stuff and they not only know what it is, they work with customs agents who do as well and can get these things into Honduras and on to Utila without a hitch. VOILA!
Only complications from our ends after that phone exchange, were needing to pick up the boxes containing the platforms at our normal shippers location in Louisiana, and get them to the new shippers address in Miami (or close to there). Another phone call to my Mother In Law who lives in Florida along with an offer to pay for a rental car, food, gas, and a few other niceties and perks for her and long story short, she is going to drive there (4 hours each way), pick up the boxes containing the platforms and ship them to the new address for shipping on Monday. It's good to have friends and family that can and will help!
It will cost us extra $$$ of course to get that process done, but at this point, what is a few hundred in the face of thousands invested already? The new shipper will be more expensive as well since they ship by cubic foot while the other shipper charges a flat $0.85 per pound. Since the boxes are fairly large, but also lightweight, this will end up costing more in overall shipping. No problem. The new shipper asked for and recieved almost immediately from us, photos of the platforms as shown on Amazon with the description. They say they simply show their customs agent these photos, they match them to the X-ray at customs, and turn it loose. Now we also know who to ship future platform purchases through without a hitch. It was a trying day there for a minute, but a little bit of that "Can do!" attitude on my wife, my and my partners part and it turned into a golden day with many future issues avoided and the overall problem solved in spades!
The boat from the new shipper will arrive very closely in time to the boat from the old shipper with everything from the order that isn't a shooting platform, so we aren't even losing any time. Yup today was a win/win!
All of this probably explains why US stores say it is illegal in Honduras, even though it is not. It is just a hassle to ship here, that's all. They don't want to mess with it, and who can blame them, they want to sell not figure out shipping issues.
We will see what tomorrow brings, but that is it for today!
Sarge out

· Registered
881 Posts
I getting so excited to hear these daily updates. Sounds like everything is falling into place!

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I getting so excited to hear these daily updates. Sounds like everything is falling into place!
I don't know if I would use the term "falling" as that sounds really simple as in "falling off a chair". :D We are engaging targets as they show themselves, and so far, things are breaking our way, which I am thankful for! I have to admit, shipping was the biggest worry we had with this stuff, and it does seem a big source of concern has been taken care of and now we are just waiting for things to arrive while we work on the background type stuff (business license, logo, banner, etc etc), which is quite nice. I am glad someone is following and enjoying the updates and process!
A LOT of people tried to discourage this project, but we realize it was mostly out of ignorance, fear and even jealousy. We ignore those types and move froward as we do in all things.
WARNING - CORNY LIFE LESSON BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Okay, so here is the life lesson that I have learned MANY times over in my life both in the military and in the private sector as a business owner many times over - Surround yourself with people who MAKE things happen, not people who WAIT for things to happen. People that MAKE things happen are worth their weight in gold when it comes to getting projects done, hitting hard times etc. In hard times, these are the people who relish the challenge and become MORE determined to make it happen. The others just want to whine, moan and feel sorry for themselves. Total waste of oxygen and flesh there, so avoid them. People who are always negative are also people to stay away from. There is a difference between playing devils advocate and throwing possible scenarios out for consideration, and always simply being negative about what others are doing or thinking. Love the former, stay away from the latter. Poison, pure and simple. Those are the privates you have remove MOPP gear to test the air. :D
That's it for today!
Sarge out

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Real time update 16JAN23
Well, we got the final little adaptations done to the business license application and I got it turned in just a minute ago. Next meeting is at the end of the month, so we are in a holding pattern for a couple weeks on that.
My stateside helper arrived at the original shipper and picked up all the airsoft platform boxes and is now on their way to the UPS store to repackage as necessary and forward them to the shipper that can actually get them here for us.
Things are moving along!
Now we still need to work on a the logo, talking to various land owners around the island about using/leasing some land for various fields - Ideally we would like to have 3 or 4 different locations to switch it up between days.
Responses from EVERYONE here on the island that I talk to about this project are very positive. I know that words don't always translate into action though, so we will see. It is one thing to say you will play a lot, but it is a different thing to pull money out of your wallet and sign up. Our target opening session is March 27th, but we want to have a "Try Airsoft" day prior to that just so people can see what it is, try the platforms out etc. Basically get people pumped and primed to sign up to play.
So far, our thoughts on cost is $40 for a 3 hour session, with us providing all needed equipment and bb's. This is pretty expensive for the island where carpenters assistants make 400-500 Lempira a day ($16 -$20). Our main base for customers will be mainlanders who are here on vacation and the thousands of young divers coming for scuba instruction etc., as well as the large group of Expats on the island who have other and varied sources of income. We plan on starting a tournament for the 12 dives shops on the island and having them involved throughout, as that is free and valuable advertising.
Yup, at this point, everything is moving along in a positive manner, so I am content. No fires to put out, at least not now. I hope it stays that way.
Have a great day!
Sarge out

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
SUPPLEMENTAL UPDATE
Captains log, stardate oh wait, wrong thing.
Anyway, update to today's update. Try to stay up will ya? :D
My stateside help got the boxes picked up from the original shipper and took them to UPS. The UPS store promptly told her that they cannot ship them due to them thinking they are "firearms". She calls me, I call the store. I did not argue at all and was very pleasant (at least as pleasant as in irritated E-7 can be) and just asked why they couldn't ship them, when Amazon used UPS to ship them to the shipper originally? I provided the UPS tracking numbers to prove it. I hung up the phone after the discussion and was fully planning on just telling her to go to FedEx, when she sent a message that she didn't know what I said, but they were now repackaging and shipping everything. Step in the right direction! Downside is that they are charging over $400 to do it. Meh. Takes money to make money and you don't throw thousands away over hundreds, so it is what it is. Now that we have a shipper that can ship these platforms for us, we will have them sent directly to them from now on. Lesson learned. Along with never be part of a landing party if you are wearing a red shirt. Let's see how many of you date yourselves with THAT reference. :D
Sarge out

· Registered
9 Posts
Can't answer for the Titan batteries, you may well be right. These batteries will see use on a smaller scale as any airsoft field in the States, and hopefully if we do find out they are no good we will be able to order something else or even have them brought to us from the States with tourists coming to the island.
As for the main platforms, we got acquainted with a number of established "techs" that build, rebuild and repair etc all types of platforms. Many of them were happy to answer questions for us as they think it is a cool project. We specifically tried to avoid anyone with a "fanboy" reputation for or against in favor of those who worked on many types and brands for years. Back when I was knee deep in this stuff, Tokyo Marui was the best of the best and everything else was crap that you couldn't get two shots in a row out of, but that was 1993. A lot has changed since then. We have tried to do our due diligence. Again, thanks for the input!
I’m not sure why ppl keep saying this about titans. It’s honestly ridiculous.

in fact my 400fps VFC BCM was locking up on semi because the Titan was too powerful..

I had to buy a cheap 20f battery after the retailer informed m

· Premium Member
811 Posts
Titan batteries are sold on hype, not performance. LiOn is not optimized for airsoft as it doesn't have the burst output necessary. How you managed to lock up your gearbox with a Titan I'll never know, if a battery is "too powerful" you're looking at overspin not lockup. If you want to discuss further we need to move to a new thread.

· Registered
83 Posts
I’m not sure why ppl keep saying this about titans. It’s honestly ridiculous.

in fact my 400fps VFC BCM was locking up on semi because the Titan was too powerful..

I had to buy a cheap 20f battery after the retailer informed m

21 - 40 of 71 Posts