Airsoft Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
What's the deal with so many veterans moving there?
You mean to Utila? Hadn't really noticed an overabundance of us here, but then again, once you have been tired out of shooting people and being shot at in the real world, and the emotional baggage that goes right along with all of that, many of us just want a place where we can be done with the life and death seriousness of it all and opt to go to places that are more relaxing - the Caribbean, and it's many islands just happens to be a great place to do that.

· Administrator
13,014 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Real time update 17JAN23
Okay, everything got hussled off to the new shippers from Louisiana yesterday, and the new shipper is on board with what they are getting and shipping. We have supplied them with all of the invoices and amazon descriptions and pictures that customs wants, so I am hoping that is nothing more than a "wait for them to arrive" situation from this point forward. Today, my partner and I met with one land owner to look at possible field locations. He was fully supportive of what we are doing and offered his land to be used without hesitation.

Good points of the land we looked at today:
LOT'S of land and we could move games around at will to keep the terrain "fresh".
Lot's of cover and concealment throughout it's entirety with minimal undergrowth.
Largely flat, not slanted, but yet depressions and mounds throughout.
Tall trees that ensure almost the entirety of the land is shaded.
The owner is excited about airsoft.

Bad points of the land we looked at today:
A long drive from town (where most of our customers will be coming from).
A lot of volcanic rocks which are pretty sharp all over the place on the ground - injury potential is high.

Those are the biggest things. Of course we have over 2 months before our planned opening, so we will continue to look at land and meet with landowners to see what will work the best. It is good that we already have two places to fall back on that are a "sure thing". Finding the land to play on is one of the least of my worries in this.

That's about all I have to report today. Went diving this morning, maybe that cut into my airsoft planning time, but hey, I live on an island - gotta dive!
Sarge out

· Registered
9 Posts
Titan batteries are sold on hype, not performance. LiOn is not optimized for airsoft as it doesn't have the burst output necessary. How you managed to lock up your gearbox with a Titan I'll never know, if a battery is "too powerful" you're looking at overspin not lockup. If you want to discuss further we need to move to a new thread.
Heading over but yes, it's overspin.. and it definitely has no issues powering my 400fps BCM or my premium 400fps BCM

· Registered
Paintball Sportsland, CZ Airsoft, Tactical Airsoft Arena
881 Posts
Keep the updated comin Sarge!

Reactions: SargePayne

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I guess I should mention here that our island is so small that we have VERY few cars. There are two trucks that handle lumber deliveries etc, and a few idiots who bring a car over on the ferry for their vacation (islanders HATE that as all they do is take up all the space on our narrow streets). 99% of the island folks and businesses use quads, dirt bikes and scooters. Our taxi's are something called Tuk-tuks which are small 3 wheeled covered vehicles, just wide enough for two people to squeeze next to each other in the back seeat. I will try to post a pic of them so you can imagine it. This is why having something far away from town is a bigger deal - it's not like the States where you just jump in the car drive 20 miles and it's no big deal. Here, transportation is a much smaller scale and 80% of the "roads" are not paved, simply trails or course gravel packed down over time. Many people simply choose to walk as most things they want to do in town are only a few hundred yards away. "Town" is less than 1/2 mmile from outer edge to outer edge. This is a consideration we have to keep in mined when looking for ground to use for fields. Figured many reading this would not understand this angle without having those facts. We are looking at another place this afternoon after I get done with my workout. I will have an official update on that later today.
Sarge out

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Before I go, two maps showing our island overal. 3 miles by 7 miles. On the large island overall, look at the harbour in the lower right (south and east) part of the island - that is what we call "town". The second picture is a blow up of town itself. Now you can envision where we are.
World Ecoregion Map Line Atlas
World Ecoregion Map Nature Organism

· Administrator
13,014 Posts
Not gonna lie, already looking at planning a vacation around this :LOL: Disappointed that there are few options for ferries to Utila from Roatan and back. The original plan was a cruise that stops in Roatan, ferry over toUtila for the day and play some airsoft.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Real time update 18JAN23
Okay, todays mission was to visit and evaluate a possible playing field just outside of town. I had met with the poperty manager prior and she told me that there is nothing going on with the land and the owner would probably be very open to leasing it to us for airsoft. I have tried to pin the owner down to talk to her 3 times now without success (typical island stuff). Today I was going to take my partner by and walk it so that we both had input on how it would work. That is the background, now the story.
We got to the property and immediately liked what we saw as there is a wall running the entire length of the property along the road, and wet marsh on the other long side of the property. Usable area is about 60 feet by 300 feet, full of jungle stuff - lots of trees and brush, perfect for cover. You cannot see cleanly across it's width at any point. Soft earth dirt on the ground as opposed to the sharp rocks of theh place we checked out yesterday. We walk in and immediately see the house on the property, which I was told was empty. I told my partner as much and we walked around the rest. On the way back to the entry point, an older man was standing there just looking at us, so of course I started a conversation since he looked like he had something to say. Turns out, this guy has lived in that house every day for 6 years. Likes his privacy, and while he was nice enough, definitely told us he didn't want people running around playing games on "his" property. Okay, I was told by the manager of the property that the house was and has been empty, then this guy says he has been there every day for the last 6 years and it is his property. Hmmmmm........ Again, typical island stuff. While we could certainly talk to the owner and find out what the status is, I think we will just drop it all together as there is no shortage of land on this island for us to use. A little bit of a let down as this was so close to the edge of town that players could simply walk there without thinking about it. It is really perfectly sectioned off with the wall and the marsh. Oh well, on to the next land we want to look at.
Our new shipper is still on track, so we are hopeful it will go smoothly. Everything is supposed to arrive at her location in Florida this Friday. Then the boat for a few weeks. We will see.......
We have guests arriving tomorrow and leaving this Sunday that want to dive, dive, dive, so updates may be few and far between for the next few days, but then I will jump back into making progress on this project.
One step at a time, one foot in front of the other. Eventually you get to the final destination.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Not gonna lie, already looking at planning a vacation around this :LOL: Disappointed that there are few options for ferries to Utila from Roatan and back. The original plan was a cruise that stops in Roatan, ferry over toUtila for the day and play some airsoft.
it would be great, but it won't work on a cruise which stops in Roatan for a day at most. The ferry times just won't allow it. If you ever want to dive AND play airsoft, check out Utila Island Quest, which is our all inclusive vacation package for divers (and maybe now, airsoft). Or, if you ever visit Roatan NOT with a cruise, get ahold of me and we can make it happen! Utila is SO much nicer/better than Roatan. ;)

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
No point in starting a new thread for all of my questions, and I am just sitting here, so here is another thing I would love input on:
Part of all of this will include starting a youtube channel. I will be a little different than most, as I am SO tired of the clickbait header with the video having ZERO to do with the title and just showing a bunch of people running around shooting each other. So, I will have a tagline and then address that tagline - people will know what they are getting into. The twist will be that it will largely be from the point of view of a Drill Sergeant, complete with amusing verbal abuse cut aways etc. I want to make it entertaining, while showing what we do here. Also, it will not be a 10 year old (no intentional offense to any 10 year olds here but......) rambling and stuttering about their awesome new "gun" they saved their allowance for or their parents just got them for Christmas, and showing it off in their disgustingly cluttered room.
So, overall target - Accurate, amusing, while being informative and to the point.
I am thinking of using my on mission callsign of "Bushfighter Actual" (yeah, CEOI be damned, that's all I would answer to. :D) for the channel. I am not looking to flood Youtube with thousands of pointless videos, just as needed with new products, tests, gameplay etc. I honestly don't much care about subscribes and likes, as long as the audience that does watch them informed and entertained.
Any suggestions from the "pro's" on time saving steps or helps on how to break into this? I plan the first one when our stuff gets here and we do a huge "mega unboxing" of everything we ordered for our field.
Comments and ideas are appreciated!
Sarge out

· Administrator
13,014 Posts
it would be great, but it won't work on a cruise which stops in Roatan for a day at most. The ferry times just won't allow it. If you ever want to dive AND play airsoft, check out Utila Island Quest, which is our all inclusive vacation package for divers (and maybe now, airsoft). Or, if you ever visit Roatan NOT with a cruise, get ahold of me and we can make it happen! Utila is SO much nicer/better than Roatan. ;)
I'll take a look. Diving is a hard maybe as I have an irrational fear of open water (lakes too). Probably from growing up in Texas where all of our lakes are dirty and nasty and full of venomous snakes and alligators.

· Administrator
12,548 Posts
Here at Shotshow 2023, I met a guy who is based in PR and distributes Airsoft and Airguns to the Caribbean and can deliver to Honduras (so he says)...it would be better than getting it via Amazon...want his info?

· Administrator
12,548 Posts
Shooting and Outdoor Distribution

They are closed on weekends.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
41 - 60 of 71 Posts