I don't know how to open the battery compartment to my M14 Socom with dmr style stock

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by weeb-filth, Dec 13, 2016.

1. weeb-filth

weeb-filth New Member

Los Angeles
    I recently received a CYMA m14 socom with a dmr style stock, but I'm quite puzzled as to how I am supposed to open the battery compartment. I was able to figure out that I was suppose to remove the screws in the stock, but I have no idea what I'm suppose to do at this point. :confused:

I'm afraid of breaking the plastic so I don't want to force anything, but I've tried pulling it out, lifting it from the bottom (and from the top) as well as feel around for maybe a lever or switch. I got nothing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Reattach the butt plate, then push down on the entire assembly, it should pop free. You're probably having trouble because you removed the butt plate.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016

3. hailedcoma

hailedcoma Member

Woodbury
    I'm not going to lie I sold a gun just because I couldn't open the batter compartment:(

4. weeb-filth

weeb-filth New Member

Los Angeles
    Took me a while but I managed to open it with more force than I thought necessary lol. I thought my particular gun had an unusually stiff battery compartment. Sent it back and they said the plastic wasn't molded correctly. Received a new one and it opens like a charm. Thanks for the help though. Probably would have never figured it out anyways.

5. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    You're welcome. These open similarly to an AK with a full buttstock.