I had an idea...

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Revy110, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Revy110

Revy110 New Member

Have an idea that might work, then again might not. Have a magazine, with a battery in it and have 30-40 BB's up the front just like a CO2 rifle. Yes internal wiring would need to be changed, but what of we took that idea to a company like G&P, or King Arms? They could probably make it work. Gets rid of the hassle of opening up the stock or hand guard.

Whatcha all think of that? Possible?

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    What happens to the battery when you change mags?

3. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    This. That would make changing mags more of a hassle than just putting the battery in the handguard or stock.

4. Revy110

Revy110 New Member

Use it for the next game of its not dead. Have multiple mags for ammo, so therefor you have multiple batteries. Won't run them all dead and give them a small break. Also thought that if they are possible, have a charge base that you can put them on at home after you day of playing so that way you don't charge one at a time. Two-four at a time with a charge base would save time and get you back out there the next day if you plan on it.

5. Revy110

Revy110 New Member

Not really if you have them able to charge via a charge base with multiple ports.

6. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    That's a lot of batteries for only 30 rounds each. Plus you would have to disconnect each battery during a mag change, so you'll reload much slower. I don't think this will work at all. It works with gas, but not batteries. I'm fine with it being in the stock, I never have to access the battery until it runs out anyway.

7. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Who wants to buy 10 batteries because they are carrying 10 lowcaps? Also who wants to change connecters everytime they change a mag. I'm sorry but times like this call for this meme.

Edit: Stop sniping me -_-

Attached Files:

8. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    This has been done. The Ares M3 Grease gun has a stick battery in the magazine.

I think it's really stupid. You need another battery for every magazine.

9. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    I feel like someone was actually doing this. I thought it was an awful idea, unless I can have ~ 200 rounds capacity and less than $25 per mag with a built in 9.6v, I'm not interested. Who was it? Echo1 GAT, someone's grease gun? I feel like it was being talked about at Shot Show.

Edit. Damnit IHOP

10. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Now, one possible way it might work is I'm sure everyone knows the little crosman rifle that's "magazine" is the battery? What of they did that but also gave it the ability to hold BBs?

11. Revy110

Revy110 New Member

You don't need wires to hook the battery up. Use metal contact plates. The only wiring will be in the gun itself. You can stay in the game longer and not really have to worry about your battery dying. They'll get used here and there depending on how much you use full auto.

12. Revy110

Revy110 New Member

That's what I'm saying! At least someone understands what I'm trying to explain!

13. Revy110

Revy110 New Member

You want realistic M4 ammo usage? 200 round mags aren't too realistic are they? No. They're not. Unless there drum mags, and even then that's over kill for an AR.

14. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    When did I say I wanted realistic capacity?

Let me restate: I want 200 rounds in my magazine to best compete with the other guys using midcaps at my field.

15. Revy110

Revy110 New Member

Sounds like a itchy trigger finger to me.

16. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Umm most midcaps hold 100-200 rounds, and most people use midcaps. The only people I'm aware of that use realistic capacity mags are GBBR users.

17. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    It's people like you that are making me seriously consider leaving this forum again.

Jesus Christ. Why are you being rude? I voiced an opinion, I am not going to be attracted to a system that limits me to low capacity magazines. My preference in magazines means I have an itchy trigger finger? No, actually, I have a magazine pouch system that only allows me to carry 6 magazines at a time, and I play at a field where hi-caps are allowed. I carry my beta mags with around 100 rounds in them, giving me 600 rounds. Again, I am competing against people who have 6 300 round hi-caps. Who the hell are you to tell me I have an itchy trigger finger, when you have never seen me play? Also, you use the article "an" before a noun that begins with a vowel.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Airsoft is not entirely centered around realism. For starters, Airsoft BBs have a low fraction of the range of real weapons, and do not kill people. That shoots realism in the foot right there, doesn't it? Yeah, lets restrict magazine capacity when the limited range and danger of Airsoft changes the entire nature of the conflict, by bringing your opponents into a range where you could almost certainly see them.

If you were proposing a solely MILSIM gun, why didn't you say so? Also, what exactly is the advantage of your proposed system? The realism of being forced to reload your one magazine? The need for people to buy multiple sets of magazines and batteries, making an already expensive hobby more prohibitively expensive? Look, people compete in airsoft in different ways. Some are MILSIMers that are hardcore into the 30 round magazine limit. These are a small portion of the market. A comparatively large piece of the market are those who compete in smaller sided CQB and competitive style games. Neither are better, but they are different. A system that restricts you to only using low caps, is not going to be marketable to to the CQBers ect.

Ultimately, if you want to propose the idea to a major airsoft manufacturer to make a system that restricts people to low capacity magazine, go right ahead. When they don't respond, maybe you ought to take that as your cue to sit down and shut up.

18. gibbyairsoft97

gibbyairsoft97 New Member

That's what I just sent you then I looked farther and I saw someone said it it could be a really good Idea we need to look into that

19. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    @Hydra: Bravo. Thats all I have to say.

20. Revy110

Revy110 New Member

I was voicing mine too. ;)