I need some advice with my dboys scar-l.

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by dboysman111, Dec 20, 2012.

1. dboysman111

dboysman111 New Member

Alright first of all, i purchased this gun off of airsoftmegastore about 7 months ago. And now my gun is jamming every 2 or three bbs, even on semi. Im using a 8.4 volt battery and if i put a 9.6 in, the gun jams almost every shot. I have been cleaning the guns barrel regularly with heavy duty silocone. Got any advise?

2. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Whay kind of bbs are you using?

3. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    What kind of silicon oil are you using?

4. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Heavy duty silicone? That is most likely the issue. You want to be using light weight stuff like RC shock oil

5. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I hope he's not using the crosman stuff they sell at sporting goods stores...

6. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Did you clean it till there's no silicone left in the barrel?

7. dboysman111

dboysman111 New Member

I am using goldenball bbs (forgot to add that part) and i clean the barrel until ALL the silicone is gone.

8. dboysman111

dboysman111 New Member

And I would never use crosman. (They suck)

9. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Maybe you have a faulty barrel, or check your hop up chamber because the barrel and bucking might not be on right. Or maybe your hop up is too high

10. dboysman111

dboysman111 New Member

Yeah, my barrel is 6.03mm.

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The jamming you speak of may be attributed to your hop up being assembled incorrectly or overhop is being applied. Is your barrel an aftermarket TBB?

12. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero New Member

Hmm. Define jamming? Not shooting a bb at all? Or having a bb get stuck in your barrel?

If its the first then it could be a mag issue. Where your mag is crap and cant load a BB fast enough before you shoot... Put it on 9.6v then shoot in semi and see if it fires every shot. If it doesnt then its something to do with the hop-up/barrel.

Anyways do that then report back to us.

13. dboysman111

dboysman111 New Member

The bb doesnt come out at all when it jams, I have to take the clip out then shoot once, and then it shoots fine for a couple rounds. I tried a 9.6 on semi, it jams alot more than a 8.4

14. dboysman111

dboysman111 New Member

My barrel is not an aftermarket TBB

15. milkshake38

milkshake38 New Member

irvine
    Use the edit button.

Do you have any other mags? The mag might be the problem. If that's not it, take your hop up out and make sure it's assembled correctly. Try rolling a few bbs down your barrel to make sure the barrel isn't bent or something out of the ordinary.

Btw, am I the only one that cleans my barrels with rubbing alcohol still? I hate silicone in barrels.

So yeah, check your mag first, then your hop up. Goldenball bbs are fine. Other members use then without problems.

16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I clean my barrels with alcohol :D.

17. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    I'm interested in trying this, please explain how.

Also, OP, I have a DBoys scar and had a similar issue once I installed my madbul 6.03 TBB. When shooting it look into your hopup (it's clear right?) and see if the bbs are getting stuck there or in the barrel. Also if the bbs aren't even entering the hopup it's most likely a mag issue.

18. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Only clean prommy/madbull/edgi/orga/PDI/other quality barrels with alcohol. Lower quality barrels can be of a very bad quality and have a protective film to make up for this. Alcohol removes this film.

19. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I only buy high quality barrels (Prommy mostly).

20. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Yeah but you should probably specify when saying that, so people don't get the wrong idea.