I would like to make a contractor loadout but need help.

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Strikethemdown, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Strikethemdown

Strikethemdown Member

Sarasota, Fl
    So this is what i have so far.
    Tan Flyye 6094. with various pouches
    Tan Pants, Black long sleeve shirts
    Tan Cap
    And Revision low profile no frame goggles
    But I was wondering if I would use boots or sneakers?

2. UrdnotWrex

UrdnotWrex Member

Gettysburg, PA
    Boots definitely. Most contractors I've seen (photos and real life) wear merrels and/or black tactical boots.

3. Strikethemdown

Strikethemdown Member

Sarasota, Fl
    okay thanks, and does the rest of the loadout seem okay?

4. rdrunner

rdrunner New Member

ashburn
    From the sounds of it you have pretty much everything. As long as there's no camo patterns you should be good

5. Strikethemdown

Strikethemdown Member

Sarasota, Fl
    no, non at all haha (20 characters)

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    It's not a bad start. Some sort of brown or tan hiking boots will be great. Merrell is a popular brand, as is Asolo, Salomon, and Scarpa, though really any mid height high quality boot will do. For your top, you're more than likely going to want either a Polo shirt or something along the lines of a solid colored 4 pocket BDU coat. Black is fine, but you could stand out from the rest of the contractor crowd with grey, navy, or green as well. For your pants, make sure you get some pants from a tactical clothing company like 5.11 or even Blackhawk. There are a lot of options here, check out www.lapolicegear.com. Your vest is fine. Another common choice is some sort of chest rig (TAG, EI, LBT, etc.) over some sort of slick armor carrier like a PACA, LBT 6094s, or EI LVAC. A khaki 6094 is an acceptable choice as well.

On top of the stuff you've listed, you will want to include some sort of belt, holster, and sidearm. Commonly you'd see some sort of kydex holster, probably a Safariland 6004, G-Code, or BHI SERPA. Whatever pistol you choose to carry is fine, though something like a Sig P226 would be a definitely winner. For a belt, a simple duty belt from the likes of Tactical Tailor or any major gear manufacturer would suit your purposes. You could also do a riggers belt from the same. You'll want a comms set up, both because Contractors aren't lone wolfing it and do stay in communication with the rest of their group, and because it's really handy in an airsoft game to be in contact with your team. You have a lot of flexibility here, and what you get is going to depend heavily on your budget.

7. Strikethemdown

Strikethemdown Member

Sarasota, Fl
    i have about 150 dollars left over from buying the flyye setup

8. UrdnotWrex

UrdnotWrex Member

Gettysburg, PA
    Merrels will do perfectly for that cost and for the role.