ICS full metal Colt M4 buffer tube

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Protectionperfection, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    My queston is...Is the factory buffer tube commercial or milspec? i cant seem to find a straight answer online and im looking to put an ACS-L on my gun and need to know...
    Some people say the commercial CTR fits and other say its the mil-spec. The gun wasnt sold with 2 different buffertube options was it?

2. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    anyone know which is the correct fit?

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You should just measure it with a caliper and then go look up the MilSpec and a Commercial Buffer tube sizes and compare. I'll try and find the site I was on a few months ago with the measurements. I hope I can dig it up.

Google this and you probably will find it, "commercial and milspec buffer tube measurements."

4. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    I dont have access to a caliper so thats why I was asking if anyone knew... I tried to search ti and thats where I got both answers

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Shoot. Ummm. I'll try and find it for you. Off to google now to delve into the great expanse we know as the "interwebz".

EDIT: I have returned with an answer. It is neither according to Sparky_D. It is it's own spec.
    Link to a thread here about it: LINKAGE. It'll require some modification to get the stock to fit I guess.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  6. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    thanks archer... now im SOL haha

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yupp no problem. I doubt you are screwed. Just go to a gun shop or something and take a look at the commercial stocks there and see how the fit is. If they're too tight, then yes, you are screwed unless you want to hack and saw at the stock.

8. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    Just an update on this... The milspec Magpul stocks fit perfectly with no problems