ICS M4 full metal problems

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Protectionperfection, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    I have an ICS M4 with the split gear box and recently a problem started. When i pull the trigger in semi or full you hear the motor move and the gears turn but it takes a long time for the gun to actually fire. I used to be able to have it in semi and every trigger pull i could do quickly without problem. Now if I pull the trigger and dont hold it down until it fires, it will only go halfway through the cycle. If i pull the trigger again it will finish that cycle and then do it again. The full auto takes the extra time to actually cycle as well in between shots.
    I have run a 7.4 lipo in it from the time I got it and have fired maybe 1200-1500 rounds through it.
    Could the split gear box be an issue here? maybe the gears are not lined up 100% with the piston teeth so it isnt cycling correctly?
    I can see the piston teeth and gear teeth and nothing wrong with either.
    I couldnt find a similar problem on here or on youtube so I had to ask.
    It sucks because I have an event tomorrow night that I wanted to use this at because it is amazingly accurate. Any help would be appreciated. I will upload a vid when I get home of the cycles.

2. Griffin

Griffin Active Member Supporting Member

Possibly a bad motor? I had a similar problem on another gun and the motor was the culprit.

3. sniper-assaulter

sniper-assaulter New Member

Probably a worthless question: battery charged?

4. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    Yes battery only 1-200 shots off the charger
    Works fine in other guns

5. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Could be the motor. Gears could be shimmed to tight. AOE may need correction.

6. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    Video to come later. Had to pack up and charge up for tomorrow. When I get back on Sunday I'll do a vid.