ics m4 machine pistol high rof setup?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by antizombie, Dec 8, 2012.

1. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    im looking to get my ics m4 machine pistol shoting faster(rof). Not insanely fast just like 20 or 25 rps nothing extreme. I was thinking getting a 11.1 lipo then getting a polycarb piston with metal teeth and swiss chesseing it. will that be enough? open to any ideas this is my first time using this forum so if this is posted in the wrong thread or something forgive me.

2. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 New Member

changing the piston and piston head really won't increase your rof. if you want to increase your rof, look into a new gearset(16:1 or 13:1), or a new motor

3. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    im not changing the piston to up rof im just geting one with metal teeth so it would last longer since im gonna get a lipo 11.1. im jsut wondering if an 11.1 will get me to 20 or more rps

4. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Polycarb would also work well.

5. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    Hold up.

Don't bother messing with the lower gearbox, they are pretty good stock. A stock ICS Sportline will hit 28 RPS with an 11.1v LiPo, but it'll burn out the trigger and wear the pickup tooth off the piston.

Instead, a high speed motor, 7.4v LiPo, Lonex piston and AoE correction should do the trick.

6. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    will a 9.6v 2000 mah work fine? and will a shs motor work? and what rps are we talking low or high 20's?

7. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    My ICS sportline ran 28 RPS and 360 FPS with an 11.1v lipo and 6.03mm 247mm Prometheus barrel, otherwise completely stock...

SHS highspeed motors are shady, they can be unreliable. A Lonex A1 might do the trick, but a 9.6v 2000mah is on the weak side. I will have to let someone that has tried that configuration pipe in.

8. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    well lipos are cheap if you know where to look ill get a 7.4, any spefic dump i should be looking at?

9. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    also should i rewire the gun with possiblily a mosfet?

10. bob19922

bob19922 New Member

Old bridge
    You could also short stroke the piston.

11. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    so at this point correct me if im wrong but i should get a 7.4 v lipo presumeably 20 c or higher dump, short stroke the piston, get a new piston, high speed motor, aoe correction?

12. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    High speed motors are not the solution. Lonex 13:1 gears, Lonex Red Piston, a Lonex A2 and a Guarder Sp 130. Then short stroke to the fps you want. This will give you around 40 rps on an 11.1 35c.

13. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

There is no such thing as Lonex 13:1 gears as far as I know, but if there are then I'm extremely curious about where you found them. I don't really see the need for an SP130 spring for a 40rps setup, you barely need to short stroke even with an M120 if the piston is light enough. You could do 50rps reliably with a light short stroke with an M130 spring actually. I definitely agree on the motor, high torque motors are simply more flexible and efficient than high speed motors.

I run a similar setup as the one you suggest in my AK-104. With a Lonex A2, M120 spring, 13:1 ratio gears with 2 teeth SS and a high discharge 11,1v li-po, I'm getting 38rps with a freshly charged battery, with an average of 37rps.

14. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    My apologies I made a typographical error. I was referring to SHS 13:1 gears. Correct me if I'm wrong but the lowest ratio gears Lonex makes is 16:1. And as for the M130 I didn't know what fps he was trying to hit I just gave him a high ceiling so he could go down to where he wanted.

15. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    A high speed motor will be fine. It'll allow OP to avoid using a MOSFET or new gears.

Normally I'd just say 13:1's and an HT motor, but this is an ICS and a newbie tech, so the less tuning he has to do, the better.

16. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    do i have to get a lonex a2 or will another high torque motor work fine becasue 65 for a motor is a little pricey. also i dont want 35 or 40 rps just around 25 for the fact i dont want to have to get a box mag or change mags every second and a half. plus i have a set of 13:1 shs gears i was going to put in another gun but never did so those are avalible to me. also im useing for cqb so anywhere from 300-350 is fine

17. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    If u feel comfortable putting the 13:1 gears in the lower gb do it and then since it is open shim those gears and add some grease. While your gears are out you will also want to adjust the AOE on your piston with a sorbo pad. Then put in either a SHS high torq or a Lonex A1 motor and you should be hitting 25+ rps with your 9.6v

18. antizombie

antizombie New Member

wausau
    if i put a high torgue and those 13:1 in there will i need a new piston?

19. LegacyAirsoft

LegacyAirsoft You can say I tech a little...

Massachusetts
    Technically u you don't NEED a new piston, but if you buy a SHS or Lonex 15 tooth piston (all metal teeth) it will last much longer than the stock piston.

Edit:Just keep in mind that to correct AOE you must shave off some teeth, so if you get a full metal tooth piston make sure you have a tool to shave down the metal teeth

20. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    The black ICS piston really is not very good... I'd skip the SHS 15 and get the Lonex Red or Blue piston.

SHS 13:1's have their own problems. I hope you have a good bevel gear lying around, I've had good luck with XYT's.