Ics m4

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by CplFlores, Aug 20, 2012.

1. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

Sup! I am trying to save up for an ICS M4 with the split gearbox design, so I could change my spring when I have to play either indoors or outdoors. I know that heavier springs call for a high torque setup (gears and motor). I was just wondering how strong (as far as spring strength/tension) can I go with stock gears and motor? If anybody have this gun, I would appreciate any advice.

2. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    I've run ICS post 2006 stock M4 lowers on M130 springs for a short time in my DMR setup.

The Pre-2006 M4's had a proprietary pinion and bevel gear angle and ran the Turbo 2000 motor. Post 2006 models have a standard pinion and bevel and run the Turbo 3000. The T2K was faster then the T3k, but the torque on the T3k is considerably higher.

Probably more info than you wanted, but to answer your question, an M120 is generally considered the top end for a stock ICS lower gearbox.

3. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

So with the M120, most likely it's gonna be over 350 fps with .20's? The outdoor field that I probably would rarely be playing on has a limit of 450 with .20's... The indoor field that I try to frequently play on has a limit of 350 with .20.
    Here is the link on the m4:
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6803

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    An M100 should suit you well for both environments.

Remember, field limits are limits, not goals.

I run 330 FPS guns on 400 FPS limit fields with no noticable handicap...

5. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

I try to stick to the max that the field allows cuz unfortunately there are some shady ppl that shoots borderline hot guns. I feel that it is unfair to have a slightly underpowered gun. I wanna cause the same amount of pain to them as they would to me... (this is coming from a dumbass that decided to play 2wks ago with only a Mk23 TM pistol with 2 28rd mags against AEGs, lol). At least I was able to get my Solid Snake on, lol! Oh, before I forget, does a higher fps allow for greater range? Or it all comes down to a heavier bb, a tightbore barrel, and a longer barrel?

6. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    The harder you kick, the further the ball will go. Effective range will stay about the same, though.

Your Hop would be the best to upgrade if you demand more range from your AEG.

You want to use atleast .25s for field play.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  7. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    The stock gears and motor in new ICS's are outstanding (Proline or whatever the metal bodied guns are called have the Turbo3000). Tweak the upper gearbox and you should be good to go with an M120 and 9.6v battery. Unfortunately the trigger contacts will not last long with 11.1v LiPos...

8. CplFlores

CplFlores New Member

To SilentVectorX, so the gears and motor are fine? Sweet! The M120 shoots how much though?

9. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX New Member

San Angelo
    450 is really quite high, you would probably need an M135 to reach that high.
    I would just stick with an M120, which should put you right around 400.
    For 350 you will need approximately an M110, but that might put you slightly over.