ICS or g&P?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by captain zacheus, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captain zacheus

captain zacheus New Member

Troy
    alrighty....

I've found both a g&p as well as an ICS m4 for the same price.

I need some opinions to waive my decision one way or the other. I know g&p is famous for externals. I like the ICS gearbox however.

thanks in advance!

2. Rooney43

Rooney43 New Member

Lake Ronkonkoma
    I've never owned either of the two, but I will vouch for ICS on performance and reliability. I have the ICS L85A2 and it's running good as new and I have never had a problem with it. My gearbox came pre-shimmed and all the internals appear to be of high quality, so I would imagine that their m4's would be of equal quality. I have heard, however, that G&P is a good brand though.

3. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    IMO both are good enough that you could basically flip a coin. Are you going to be servicing the internals much, or at all?

4. Arekkusu723

Arekkusu723 Active Member

Statesville
    Both are great, especially with ICS' split GB, but I would personally go with a G&P.

5. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    ICS Prolines are nice. Just fix the AOE sooner or later. ICS pistons aren't the greatest.

I'd go with the ICS personally. This forum praises G&P too much.

6. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

For a reason lol. Split gearbox does sound nice. I've never messed with gearboxes so I'm running off externals. I say G&P you get best of both world's.

7. salemairsoft

salemairsoft New Member

West Liberty
  8. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    ICS. G&P is great, but I've always felt comfortable with an ICS gun

9. Darkrider9

Darkrider9 New Member

NYC
    My vote goes to G&P, I have one and I couldn't have asked for a better performance, plus the externals seem like they're on par with their RS counterparts.

10. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    G&P M4s feel nothing like my dad's Delton M4. From what I've seen, G&Ps are great externally though.

11. Napple

Napple New Member

G&p. I dont like ics because they make too many low quality guns. Not wort the risk. I love my g&p

12. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    >ICS
    >Low Quality Guns

Please concur.

13. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Are you kidding?

Which ICS guns are low quality? Please share.

14. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Yes indeed, please, go on!

15. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
    From a different thread, but it is able to work here.

16. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    ICS is NOT low quality. Never owned a G&P, but my ICS has astounding quality.

17. captain zacheus

captain zacheus New Member

Troy
    Yeah I think I'm leaning towards the ICS. that simplified mech box can't be beat IMHO. add that the fact that I have a stroooong dislike for v2 gearboxes....yeah ICS it is.

18. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    Like it has been said, both guns will give you great performace! Just flip a coin to choose.

19. SilentVectorX

SilentVectorX Member

San Angelo
    That's a tough one.

I love my ICS for it's performance and ease of modification/upgrade/maintenance.

However, the two G&P's at my house have a nicer finish and overall build quality.

If I could do another build, it'd probably be a G&P so I could use a more unique upper/lower receiver.

20. 703

703 Active Member

I own both a ICS & G&P right now.

I've owned the ICS for over 2 years now without any internal problems. However it's very picky !! Finding mags that it likes is a real pain in the butt,& Finding a regular rail system for it was a pain as well.

Owned the G&P for about 6 months and it needs a new trigger assembly and doesn't work right now..

I LOVE my ics and will probaly never sell it because it's a tank. So for this reason I would say go with the ICS. Also if you do upgrade it's super easy due to the split gearbox design.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.