Ics par mk3 cqb

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by jaykim99, May 27, 2017.

1. jaykim99

jaykim99 New Member

Livingston
    Hey everyone! This is my first post on an airsoft forum, and I just had a couple questions.
    I am sort of a noob when it comes to internal gearbox upgrades. I recently bought an ICS Par MK3 from Evike, and am looking to upgrade it for CQB use. Most of the CQB fields around me don't allow for full auto, so I am looking for something with great trigger response, at about 360-370 fps. I will also be using an 11.1v LiPo. So far, these are the only upgrades I have done.

- ZCI Balanced Motor with SHS pinion (http://www.brillarmo...products_id=188)
    - JBU m100 Spring (https://www.hobbytro...ated.html#35155)
    - Madbull Ultimate Ball Bearing Spring Guide (http://www.evike.com/products/38825/)

I am looking to add a Gate Titan Mosfet (also looked at BTC Spectre and Chimera but these seem to be impossible to get), and possibly SHS or ZCI high-speed gear set (13:1 or 16:1). Is paying ~$150 worth it for a mosfet? Would something like a Nukefet work better? Also, will the ICS split gearbox fit the Titan and 13:1 gears without modification? and is the 16:1 gearset even worth upgrading from the stock 18:1 ICS gearset? I will be correcting AOE, reshimming, and attaching deans connectors to just about everything.

My budget for the gearbox is about $200 including a mosfet, and I will be doing accuracy/ compression upgrades in the near future. Any suggestions/inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. RockNRoll33

RockNRoll33 Active Member Supporting Member

Buford
    I don't know too much about internals when it comes to EBB but I might be able to help some. If you want 360-370 a m110 full stroke or a m120 short stroked (SS) 2-3 teeth would get you about that I SS 3 teeth and got about 350 with .25's. You shouldn't have to replace the pinion on the motor I had the high torque motor and pinion was pretty good and never stripped. As for the spring guide I would assume it's decent but lonex makes good ones for not to much more or
    you can see leagcy's guide and what he recommends. If you go a 10:1 SSG (Single sector gear) or 12:1 you can pretty good trigger response not that 16:1 is bad but going from 18:1 to 16:1 isn't a HUGE improvement. For the mosfet if you know how to solder I have the gate nano hard and it's really nice and cheap. For what you are doing don't think the titan would be worth it. When correcting AOE use a thin sorbo pad or a faucet washer a thicker sorbo pad will decrease FPS. Wish you the best as I said not a expert on EBB so see other people's input but I think they will be about the same as what I said.

Last edited: May 28, 2017

3. jaykim99

jaykim99 New Member

Livingston
    I've heard many people had a hard time fitting the lower ratio gears into the split gearbox. Any experience with that? Also, do you recommend something like your Gatenano or would i be better off with like a drop in nukefet? I would like to avoid soldering, but it isn't too big of a deal. Thanks

4. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    I've worked on more Ics gearboxes than I can count. Adjusting the aoe is slightly trickier in the split gearbox, but swapping gears isn't hard to do in the split gearbox. Gear ratio really doesn't make it any harder at all. Most of the time the problem is that they don't get the shimming right and ruin the gears, then blame the gears or the gearbox for their mistake.

5. RockNRoll33

Buford
    All of the Gate mosfets requires soldering except the Titan so if you don't want to solder then don't go with Gate. The Nukefet is nice I had one a while ago and if you are only using a 11.1 then you can use it but I think it is only recommended up to 12 volts. I have never worked in a split gearbox so don't really know how hard the are to instal, I would assume it wouldn't be to hard but don't really know and for gears go with SHS for the 12:1 or 13:1's and you should be good but do all of the standard stuff like shimming, grease, AOE, etc. There are multiple guides on here to help just look at the stickies and you can find just about everything.

6. jaykim99

jaykim99 New Member

Livingston
    Thank you both so much for the responses. I think im gonna go with the SHS 13:1 gears, and a nukefet drop in. The only thing im worried about is the overspin with an m100. Should I even worry about that? or should I put in the stock m120 and short stroke?

7. RockNRoll33

Buford
    If you have a dremel or a grinder then SS'ing isn't hard I don't think you will have over spin but the M120 will yield higher FPS.