ICS sig 551

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by D-train, Sep 13, 2012.

1. D-train

D-train New Member

My first real airsoft AEG that I bought is a DBoys CQB SD and it works good and everything but I'm looking for another maybe stepping up alittle (I haven't heard good things about DBoys) so what do you guys think about the ICS sig 551? Any suggestions will be helpful!

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Eh well sigs have a difficult take down making them a tad hard to upgrade, they have a medium motor also kind of hard to find a good one in stock. On top of all that very hard to resell, I wouldn't advise it.

3. D-train

D-train New Member

What would you recommend? I'm not looking to get anything too serious but nothing crapy. I'm play in a open woods I guess you could call it. And I already know fps really doesn't matter so I'm not worried about that

4. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    1- the takedown is about as easy as they come
    2- the resell? I sold mine in a week of being listed. Lottsa offers

I owned a ICS 552 and it was a fantastic gun for the price. I say go for it!

5. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    I don't have any photo evidence but if I recall you were trying for a lot longer than a week and I'm use to m4s I think the takedown was more difficult more or less I can agree that's opinionated.
    OP like stated^^ I'm an m4 guy and I'm always recommending a King Arms m4.

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Misstated that, I got my first offer within a week.

Also, he isn't asking about the KA M4.

My rule of thumb is if you don't have not owned the gun in question, don't trash talk it.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  7. D-train

D-train New Member

What did you think of it? And why did you sell it??

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Fantastic beginner/intermediate gun. Very good internal and external quality. I sold it because I never hold on to a gun for very long ;)

9. D-train

D-train New Member

Haha ok. How is it just out of the box? I live in Maine and the is no airsoft store or shop anywhere near me at all. And I'm pretty much new so I've never opened up a gun let alone upgrade one.. I'd have to send it back to airsoft gi and have them do it.

10. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Wonderful. I never replaced anything on it. Just a few things, don't send it to GI you will most likely be disappointed. Also, you do know you need high grade BBs, smart charger and all that crap?

11. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Oh and you have to buy a stick battery for the thing, which I never liked personally.

12. D-train

D-train New Member

Haha yes I got the smart charger when I got the m4 and I've always gotten high grade BBs. And is there someone else who could do upgrades? Like I said no one is around here so if me or my friends mess up trying to do something...that's it haha

13. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    There are a bunch of techs around this forum I'm sure you could ask, but in the long run it's healthier to learn to work on them on your own.

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Talk to some experienced people on the forum, they are always the best for upgrading/repairing.

15. D-train

D-train New Member

Ok thank you for your time and help!

16. D-train

D-train New Member

Oh wait one more question if you could? I can't really find a straight answer but could I but in a 9.6 volt battery in it right out of the box? Or just a 8.4 till I upgrade?

17. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Either one would work. But I would really recommend a 9.6 (stick type)

18. D-train

D-train New Member

No upgrade needed? Cause I know alot of guns you have to upgrade some internals first or you will ruin the gun.

19. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Nope, a 9.6 is perfect for any AEG.

20. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    You will be fine. The only batteries that you need to upgrade your guns for are LiPo batteries, and even then, you are usually fine for a long time. You are good. :)