ICS SIG Accuracy @ Range question

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Codie_Restrepo, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Codie_Restrepo

Codie_Restrepo New Member

Baton Rouge
    Hello,
    I'm in the middle of a project and i need alittle help with some fine tuning. I have transformed a ICS SIG 551 into my DMR. Its got a few upgrades:

m135 Spring

Poly carp Piston with all Metal teeth

Matrix Prometheus Type Steel Perfect Sniper 6.03mm Airsoft AEG Tight Bore Inner Barrel (469mm)

Angel Custom "Sniper" Airsoft AEG Hopup Bucking w/ V-Shape Teeth Technology - (Hard / 70°)

Its defiantly got the range I'm looking for; however, beyond a 150 my bb's seem to fly left with every fourth or fifth bb staying on target. I'm shooting .30 and i'm looking at going to an even heavier bb or a new bucking. I was thinking about trying the reaps from evike or a systema. Any advice?

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    You might want to try Rhop. What FPS are you getting? Have you shimmed and corrected AOE? Is the motor still stock?

3. Codie_Restrepo

Codie_Restrepo New Member

Baton Rouge
    I'm getting 450 fps and i get a fairly good grouping with my fps.

Honestly I don't work on my guns myself, was never very good at that sort of thing so I have not changed the AOE and I can only trust our local tech (I believe you know Noober) did a decent job with the shims.

Because I'm not very good with machining things I haven't tried a r hop

The Motor is still stock, It being an ICS it doesn't have to much problem with the 135 spring.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Of you don't want Rhops grab a Systema bucking.