ICS Split Gear Box

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Protectionperfection, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Who here has had enough experience with them to consider themselves informed enough to walk through them with me?

2. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Friend of mine has worked on one extensively. I helped occasionally. IIRC sparky has extensive knowledge of them as well.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Ok well I have 2. I have a few questions
    the first is my Full metal Colt
    It has a high torque motor, 6.03 TBB, m120 spring and is shimmed and regreased. It hits right where I want it to but have a hopup issue. Is there any way to replace the factory plastic with a metal or custom fit a metal hopup in there?
    Second is my Full Metal Olympic Arms RIS
    Completely factory but I want it to hit 400 FPS on .25 constantly
    If the m120 is getting me to 367FPS would I need a m130 of 140 to get to the 400 mark? Also, what gears would I need along with an ICS half metal toothed piston w/ head?

For both guns, what can the factory internals handle? Will my internals on the Colt be ok with the high torque motor and m120 or will they wear out too fast.

I plan on putting in the ICS high speed piston w/ head half metal tooth piston in both guns as well