If a field requires bio bb's is it a deal breaker?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Mighty_Mouse, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Depends on the merit of the field in question, and/or other local options.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse New Member

Cookeville
    If a local field that is completely free posts a requirement that all competitors use biodegradable bb's, would that be a deal breaker when it comes to frequenting the field?

This is not a field requiring that you buy a house bb, merely that you play with the BIO bb of your choice.

If you would please answer the poll, and give me your thoughts as well.

Mighty_Mouse

2. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Nope, because most fields require Bios anyway....right?

3. Napple

Napple New Member

Not if it's for free lol. That's perfectly fine.

4. Napple

Napple New Member

Not the ones i go to.

5. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Not at all. As long as I can get quality Bio .25s and .28s I'll be fine. My field that I have to PAY for requires Bios.

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    What exactly are you asking?
    Are you asking if it's OK to try to sneak non-Bio's into the field?
    Or are you concerned with the performance of Bio BBs?

If the field is requiring Bio BBs to play, you will need to use Bio BBs to play there.

I've run Airsplat 0.25g Bio BBs for the last couple years without issue.

7. Mighty_Mouse

Mighty_Mouse New Member

Cookeville
    I'm actually on the opposite end of what you're supposing.

I administer games on land that I use but do not own (I have permission, a written use agreement, etc.), and the owner wants me to require BIO's for play. I'm concerned that this will hurt my crowd, and I wanted to use this thread to determine whether my fears were substantiated or unfounded.

8. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    Elite force .25 bio-bb are amazing i've thats pretty much all I use.

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    there are around 5 indoor and 3 outdoor fields in our area. there is one that requires bio (bought from that field only and the owner searches through players belongings without the owner's knowledge to find unauthorized bbs). i play different fields every week, excluding the one requiring bio's. we go through 10k-15k bbs a week. 30k if using DSG's.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  10. fradd

fradd New Member

Possibly, because I'm poor.

11. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

If anybody has slink to that old thread that had a link to the study of bbs consistency and quality that would help. I forget what its called. But the study had a few companies that make very good bios

12. SD1014x

SD1014x New Member

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f13/biotech-bioval-bbs-2042/
    This?
    The link at the bottom won't work for me though.

13. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat Active Member

:eek: DO NOT DO THIS it's just plain wrong (it's bad, very bad [a definate deal breaker IMO]).
    I really wouldn't mind either way. If the field is free or even if it is paid, bio or no bio it really doesn't matter to me.
    A local field requires the use of house bbs (PITA, don't do that) and charges people to play, plenty of people still go.

14. CAPdeucesWild

CAPdeucesWild New Member

Played a Operation Lion Claws game at a movie set, and they only let us play with (tan) bios bb's

15. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    It would be a deal breaker if they required purchase of house BBs.
    Not as much if I could buy my own elsewhere. I wouldn't like it, and I'd make that known, but If it was free, why not?

16. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Using biodegradable BB's is fine as long as they are good quality. If they are poor quality they could break up inside your barrel and destroy your gun.

17. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

But that's true for any low quality bb. I also find this to be obvious and not really answering any unanswered questions in the thread

18. FSTK

FSTK Member

Bio BBs required for a free-to-play field is only fair. They don't want to clean up afterward and that way, everyone can have fun with minimum expenses. If a pay-to-play field requires me to buy bio bbs: I won't go there. That's foolish unless of course, the price of admission is ridiculously low.

19. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Regular BBs will degrade on their own in a few years anyway. I don't see the absolute need for bio bbs at all.

20. Carnotix

Carnotix New Member

Get a bag of bio and non bio bbs, use the bios then use cheap non bios in the "bio" bag if you want to. I wouldn't.