If you put a drum mag on an m4 is it considered a LMG?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by srg001, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srg001

srg001 New Member

If you put a drum mag on a combat machine m4 is it considered an LMG? Is it safe for the gun?

2. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Is it safe... Depends on how you plan on using it. If you plan on using it to continuously shoot no. If you want to use it so you don't have to change a mag or carry any into the field yes. Either way make sure your gun is shimmed and aoe adjusted.

3. L5132

L5132 New Member

Duluth
    No, it is not an LMG. And of course it is safe for the gun, but you still shouldn't do long bursts of more than 3-5 seconds max.

4. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Yes. Most definitely an LMG. lolno, you're gonna have to get an actual LMG or people will think you're a n00b.

5. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    -__________- no, it is not considered a LMG but can still be used for the support role. I think?

Are there any upgrades in it?

6. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    ....No, if you want to do it then do it, but it isn't going to be called a LMG.

7. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

No it is not an LMG. Yes, it looks retarded. No, most fields will not allow them. If you plan on doing any kind of MILSIM games, it will not be allowed.

8. FSTK

FSTK Member

I'm sensing some tension and indirect-anger in this topic. :eek:

-IMO, the moniker fits the role. Can't be a rifleman/infantry with a M4-equipped Drum-Mag and say it's an LMG: doesn't really fit the spirit of the role. I do think if you acknowledge yourself as a "Support Gunner": then whatever weapon you fashion for that role would be your "LMG". Not so much literally but in the spirit of things as long as you're in character. Rifleman can't spray 120+ rounds in one go but SGs sure can.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  9. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

It's not safe. The other players will beat you up and kick you on the ground until you take the mag off.

10. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Icwutudidthar. You made him think you were talking about the box mag, but you were actually talking about the haters. Classic!

11. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

A joke isn't funny if it needs explaining.

12. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Lol. Because you weren't actually joking! I get it now ;)

13. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Quit dipping your toes in my mind butter!

14. srg001

srg001 New Member

Lol ok good info. Btw its not me with the m4 its my friend so i dont want to be protrayed as a scrub or anything. IMO i dont think its considered a LMG, i mean support gunner sounds more reasonable. And its on a combat machine with no upgrades at all. (no aoe no shimming nothing!) so well see how long his gun lasts.

15. Dage

Dage New Member

Ann Arbor
    I suppose it would all depend on the field, but in my, and I think I can say many others minds, if you put it on just a normal M4/M16 than most definitively not, it is still an assault rifle. Now if you do something fancy and put a Shrike kit on persay than it is then a shrike and no longer a normal M4.

16. fireteamdelta

fireteamdelta New Member

mo
    its not a lmg but it would be a great support gunner gun

17. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    This doesn't even make sense. Light machine guns are what support gunners carry. If it's not an LMG, then it's not a "great support gunner gun" by definition. And no, it's not an LMG, and no, it's not a support gunner gun. It's an airsoft fantasy that you should drop. Support guns have their place on the field, but every time a player slaps a drum mag on a normal rifle, he does nothing but lay on the trigger all day. Not providing support fire, mind you. He just realizes that he can play the game "whoever slings the most bbs wins," and it's not fun for anybody. Drop the drum, get yourself some mid caps and learn how to shoot.

18. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

He's saying that an M4 isn't an LMG, because it's not. However, because of the drum mag, it could be used in a support gunner role. It wouldn't be MilSim, but it would work.

19. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

No, it couldn't be. A dum magazine does not a support gunner make.

20. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

What does?

(20 drum mags)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.