I'm new and I would like to now the basics?

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by airsoftak47freak, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airsoftak47freak

airsoftak47freak New Member

I just want to know about a good, cheap, starter load out.

2. ikester519

ikester519 New Member

Do you want Molle? A vest? A chest rig? You can get a good cross draw vest for around $40-50.

3. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    The basics? There's no such thing as even a "decent" cheap loadout. If you're afraid to buy gear because you don't know if you'll like the hobby, then don't buy anything. Just go out and use your pockets for load bearing or borrow a friend's extra gear to start out.

If you're willing to save up maybe $60-120 and probably never have to spend another dollar on a plate carrier or chest rig unless you want to, then we can start talking.

4. airsoftak47freak

Well probably just a good vest to carry my mags.I am willing to pay $40-50.Thanks for the comment!

5. airsoftak47freak

When I ment cheap,like $40-60 is a good price.I now I want to play airsoft I just wanted to know what experienced players thought were good.

6. Grin

Irvine
    I gave you an answer. You're not getting anything worth $10 for $40-50. Save up your money and don't waste it on something worthless.

7. Beast35

Beast35 New Member

Well you can get a vest for about 30 to 35 dollars I think it was on airsoft Atlanta.

8. airsoftak47freak

Dude why are you being so serious,it's just a game.And spending 60 to 120 dollars is out rageous, it's just for a vest.

9. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Airsoft is an expensive hobby.(minus the bb's)(Least it's not as bad as the prices for paintball) We all were noobs once, and some of us forget that.(I know compared to all these airsoft geniuses on here, I'm definitely a noob.) For your vest, there are many options. Chest rigs, crossdraw vests,plate carriers.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=1019 5 cents under your vest budget, comes with most pouches, you can take off the holster(I replaced mine with a dump pouch.) My personal vest, built very nicely for it's price. Goes well with desert,sandy camo.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_96&products_id=7090 Great for light runners, grunts. Holds your basic necessities at a price that's flexible.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_96&products_id=1637 This is a good vest, but at 40, still allows you to buy some pouches. These are my recommendations for your price range for vests. For your beginning to intermediate time, they should serve you well.

Gloves are not needed, but it is a freaking b**ch to get shot in the knuckles.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=548_292&products_id=11105 Yes, they look very fugly, but they are gloves. They'll keep you from getting shot in the right hand and feeling extreme pain whenever you try to type or write. Trust me, as a righty, using only your left hand to do your tasks is not fun.

Camo can be purchased at your closest surplus store at good prices, just remember to wash your clothes if they are used.
    Now, your face mask. Realize, unless your at a MILSIM field, you usually if under 18 are required to wear a full fase mask. Even if you are over, what if your goggles fall off, your face protection falls off. The fasemasks will keep your head very secure.http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=548_542_545&products_id=9881 This can be your noob loadout. This will leave you(hopefully) under 120 not counting shipping.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  10. Grin

Irvine
    Because I in no way enjoy watching people waste their money.

I'n going to cease to post in this thread because it is quite obvious that regardless of what I say or do, you have the attitude that buying cheap is buying well. I have had far too many people this month constantly bicker against me and I have a pounding headache, which has lasted all day. Spend your earned money on whatever strikes your fancy.

11. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    You should go to your local army surplus store depending on where you play pick the right camo for your
    1) molle vest (way better than a crossdraw).
    2) clothing most pepole where woodland, ACU,
    Or multicam.
    3)pouches to go on your vest ( don't go out and buy a black vest and put a tan pouch on it).
    4) gloves.
    5) back pack or camelback.
    Vest is going to run around 30-50 dollars pouches are difrent depending on wher you live by me boy scouts and military pepole get a discount.

12. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

boyyyyyyy..don't chu insult my expensive desert camo loadout......

13. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    Oh yes also desert cammo is popular too.

14. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    I have spent three times the amount on my vest alone. Not including the pouches.

You come here and want to know what experienced airsofters think is good, and when they tell you, you don't listen. That does not fly with me. You got the answer and I am closing the thread now.

Whenever you decide you want to try again with better results, feel free to start a new thread. This time, behave politely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.