I'm new and in Western New York, gonna be tough

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JudgeBigMansion, Jan 28, 2019.

1. JudgeBigMansion

JudgeBigMansion New Member

Rochester
    Hello there, I'm Edward Brydalski and I've just gotten into airsoft. I've been watching videos and doing research for years now and I've finally pulled the trigger on purchasing some gear for myself.
    At the moment, my only gun is an Umarex P99 DAO GBB, which I am very happy with for the price. I am looking for a primary, although my budget at the moment disallows me to buy more gear unless the price is phenomenal (But for a well priced MP5 or VZ61 Skorpion, I'll bend over backwards).
    If anyone is doing airsoft in Rochester, NY, talk to me. I am always grateful when receiving information! Who knows, we may go to a game some time.

hawkchief, JHat, richman992 and 2 others like this.
  2. Sneaky_pineapple99

Sneaky_pineapple99 New Member

Webster
    Hey, it’s Ivan. Me and my brother Xavier are just getting into airsoft ourselves and have been looking for people to play with in the Rochester area.

Steven Smith likes this.

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    There are several Rochester NY players on this forum.

4. Sneaky_pineapple99

Webster
    Any teams on the area? Looking to join and have people to play with on the weekends.

5. richman992

richman992 Well-Known Member

Rochester
    I am in Rochester. I play at River City almost every weekend. Everyone there is extremely friendly and helpful. There is an indoor cqb place as well but I typically only play there in the winter.

I typically run some sort of tricked out AK and a green smersh rig with a bunch of pouches and a shovel on it. I’m also usually with a group of 4-5 guys. Feel free to say hi if you see me. Always great to see new local players getting into the sport.

EDIT: I also have loaner rifles, if you are ever interested in trying an AK for a game.

6. Sneaky_pineapple99

Webster
    Maybe I’ll see u there this winter, I have gone there a few times to get some gear with my brother. I’ve taken my Deagle to River City with my brother to practice my aiming. Maybe this weekend him and I will go there.

7. richman992

Rochester
    If anything, I’d recommend going next Sunday. It’s the “Sunday Funday” event, which usually draws a lot of people. I believe the most recent one had close to 100 people. It’s not a milsim event or anything you need special gear for.

8. Sneaky_pineapple99

Webster
    “Sunday Funday” this coming Sunday? Or next Sunday? Because I’ll definitely go to that.

9. richman992

Rochester
    Next Sunday, the 12th. Check out ECM Operations on Facebook they’ll have more information. They host a lot of the events at River City

Sneaky_pineapple99 likes this.
  10. Sneaky_pineapple99

Webster
    Sounds good, I’ll check it out.

11. richman992

Rochester
    It was announced over the weekend that Saturday the 11th will be a free play day. Excellent opportunity to check out the field and not spend a dime!

Spacemonkey likes this.
  12. Steven Smith

Steven Smith New Member

Baldinsville
    I'm in Syracuse New York I'm really new I don't even have a gun yet but I'm not even sure where to go buy one locally. I'll probably just have to get one online. Still going to need a place I see that you're from Rochester naturally like 45-minute drive away. Hit me back and let me know if there's any place around there where I can stop and buy a gun or two.

13. Steven Smith

Steven Smith New Member

Baldinsville
    Now I'm out of Syracuse looking for a place to buy a gun and play seems like you know what you're talking about Hit me back and let me know where you buy your guns.

14. richman992

Rochester
    From what I know, there isn’t many Airsoft stores in Syracuse. I typically buy mine used/broken, but if you’re new to the sport, it might be best for you to buy one new. The field mentioned above (River City) has a great shop with lots of g&g and novritsch products in stock. Their prices are really good too. There is also Performance Hobbies in Webster. Not as much of a selection, but the owner is a really cool guy, and there is also loads of RC stuff there.

Steven Smith likes this.
  15. Steven Smith

Steven Smith New Member

Baldinsville
    The Roc isn't that far away. everything I've seen online says when you buy your first gun you should probably buy it in person so you know what you're getting. Thanks for getting back to me man. After I gear up and grab a nice gun I'll hopefully see you on the field.

16. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I suggest you show up to a field and just look around. Many players will be open to showing you their platform and that way you get a good idea of what is out there and how they work.

Steven Smith likes this.
  17. Steven Smith

Steven Smith New Member

Baldinsville
    I didn't even think about that. Great idea. Thanks man