increase fps of KWA CQR MOD 2

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MattyCams, Oct 29, 2012.

1. MattyCams

MattyCams New Member

Does anyone know of a cylinder that would fit into a kwa cqr mod 2? I want to get closer to 400fps. Is it something I could install myself? I can get my gun apart and back together by my self. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    A cylinder won't help you get to 400 FPS very much, but KWAs take normal cylinders. If you buy an M120 spring off of clandestineairsoft.com for $5 you just need to do a simple spring swap and you'll be at 400 FPS, or you could get an M110 to make sure you don't go over 400 if your FPS limit is 400 FPS. M120s can go over 400 sometimes.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    M120 spring should put you up near 390-400 not much over because the MOD2 usually shoots around 340 FPS with .2
    My ICS shot 332 with .25 and with the m120 spring and high torque motor, Im at 387 with .25, I know all guns are different but thats why I say I dont think the m120 will put you over but def closer.
    I would say a high torque motor, m120 spring and new piston to handle it and youll be good to go. If it is over 400 by a little, leave the spring compressed for as long as you can(at least a week) and it can drop a couple FPS.

4. MattyCams

MattyCams New Member

But I have heard that the MOD 2 comes stock with a M120 spring. I was just airsofting Sunday and at the place they had a chrono and it said I was shooting 290. Now I dont know if they had it set right when I was shooting over it, or what. And my Internals are all stock right now, so i should be around 340.

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    with a .20 yes. It should be between 330 and 350... no m120 spring will shoot under 350 with .20 unless everything is so under powered it can barely pull the spring, but even then I think it should hit 350 with a .20... I would check to make sure the chrono is set up correctly and that you are shooting .20 high grade rounds.
    I also would personally suggest using .25 when you play anyway. If you set your gun to hit 360 with a .25 thats about the equivalent of 400 with a .20

6. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Actually, you can switch out the KWA CQR cylinder for a KWA KM4A1 cylinder. The ports on the CQR are closer to the cylinder head (Type 3/4) than on the standard KWA cylinder (Type 4/5). http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/cylinder-hole-location-vs-barrel-length-guide-chart-2518/. KWA did this to chip down the FPS from 390-400 to @350 for CQB games. Pick up a standard KWA SR10/KM4A1/KM4RIS cylinder from the KWA website and switch it out for the one in the CQB to get a higher FPS.

One thing I don't like about KWA's is that the piston head o-ring tends to dry out and cause compression loss. You probably need to change that out as well.

By the way, the CQR comes with a short 110 spring. Now that KWA is discontinuing the SR12, the only gun they make with a 120 spring is the KM16. Just FYI.......