Increasing the range of a G36C

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Thunder36, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Thunder36

Thunder36 New Member

I own an SRC G36C. Its a great little gun, with one downside. The range absolutely sucks. In a skirmish I have to aim 6 feet above someone to hit the area around them, then duck to avoid the same person's pellets on a perfectly flat trajectory.

I can't increase the fps of my gun as the limit in northern ireland is 328 fps and my gun is at 324 fps. I'm considering getting a longer inner barrel as my current one is 24.7 cm long. How much would I have to increase it to get a good range?

2. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Grab a new hop up rubber/bucking.
    They average around $8
    Systema, Madbull blue, and Guarder are regarded as very good buckings.
    My personal favorite being Systema.

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Also, with that new bucking fine tune it and get a promi barrel if you want the best barrel. Get a Madbull if you want a good budget barrel.
    See if the compression is good too, if not perfect it. Increases Fps with all if these upgrades will give you more range.

4. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

If you get a tighter barrel though that could bring your fps over the limit.

5. TheAirsoftTech

It shouldn't add a whole lot, but yes it could.

EDIT: wasn't the Fps in the U.K area increased to something like 370? Or does this exclude Ireland?

6. Thunder36

Thunder36 New Member

It excludes Ireland and NI, sadly.

7. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Follow his advice, except you really don't have to go systema, the other two are just as good when used properly.

8. TheAirsoftTech

That sucks... Maybe get a m80 spring, perfect compression, promi tight bore, and a new hopup bucking.

9. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Start by simply overhauling your gun, do the usual compression tweaks, and stabilize the barrel and such. Then you try heavier, high quality bb's, try .25g and up. You should be able to find some guides on this forum or you can just search around a little.

10. Griffin

Griffin New Member Supporting Member

I'd try flat hop out in it. Essentially free, you just need to do a bit of work. Works great if you do it correctly.