Inner Barrel HELP

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by joehyunpark, Aug 11, 2017.

1. joehyunpark

joehyunpark Member

Englewood
    I am considering purchasing:
    http://www.evike.com/products/62782/

it will be my first airsoft sniper. I had done airsoft in the past (4 years) and I have used two AEG rifles since. So I was wondering if this would be good.

Also, what inner barrel should I get? I will be playing at a woodsy outdoor area so accuracy, range and all the goodness would be great.

Please leave suggestions!

BTW I don't watch too much Novritsch

2. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    Get a JG BAR-10 instead. Drop in an EDGI upgrade kit. Use heavy *** bbs (.4s and up). Get out and have fun.

Alternatively, you can obsess over each and every part of your gun, mixing and matching parts from different brands and slowly massaging them together until you've spent almost $1000 and you've completely over-built it. That's also cool.

If you are on a budget there are other alternatives too. You can build a sniper by only upgrading a few parts at a time and saving money at every turn.

Really though, I'd personally stay away from the L96 platform. The JG Bar-10 is a great choice because it is very easily upgradeable and there is a massive user-base just waiting to leap out and help you with any issues you may face. It's also less expensive than that CYMA one if you get it at the right place.

For other users who will come after me and discuss specifics in greater detail, what exactly is your budget? What is your teching experience? Do you have any preferences in terms of platform?

3. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

If your going to get an L96 based BASR get one without the protruding magazine. The ones with the magazine just in front of the trigger guard have a feed ramp to take the BBs forward to where the hop actually is, and it can be a pain.
    An inner barrel is not going to get you accuracy and range. That comes from internal mods to get a consistent air delivery, an utterly reliable and conscientious hop combined with heavy, good quality BBs. A decent barrel might be the icing on the cake once everything else is sorted, but it shouldn't be the first thing you buy... Or the second, or third.. ;)
    The L96 can upgrade to as good a level as the VSR platform, but it does have the advantage of being lighter, and a slightly better choice of parts.
    If you want all the accuracy and range goodness, then be prepared to drop a lot of money and a bunch of hours into the gun. And you'll still only have a slight range advantage over a good AEG that probably cost less and does 20rps.

4. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    The marui VSR-10 clones generally have better build quality than the (marushin? maruzin? what was the company again?) l96 clones IME.

5. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

Doesn't make much difference by the time you've got carried away and changed virtually every part of the damn thing.

[​IMG]

And I'm never painting anything Flecktarn ever again...

6. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    You absolute madman. The paint job was probably more painful than the rest of the build combined!

7. gone123

gone123 Member

Maruzen and Marushin have great build quality. Think you mean Well.

As for the EdGi kit, I'd stay away from it. One thing everyone has to learn is that it's not the brand that matters, but the specific parts.
    For example, PDI makes great cylinders and barrels, but lacks hopup or bolt handle quality.
    Back to my point. EdGi has 45 degree sears. Even though the brand is great, the design isn't.
    I'd say get PDI, Action Army, EdGI, and/or Springer's S Trigger for upgrades.
    Specifically the barrel, I'd say PDI or EdGi.

8. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    I meant that the clones of the original guns that Maruzen or Marushin makes are generally pretty damn bad in comparison to say something like a VSR-10 clone by JG.

While this would be the better option for sure, another option is to just be lazy and get a drop-in kit. I must say, that while the 45-degree sears are a problem, it's pretty damn minor. If you don't want to have to worry about anything then I'd say go for it.

9. gone123

gone123 Member

Well, it won't be less accurate obviously. But in the long run, it will definitely be more reliable.

10. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    I've seen a 600fps EDGI kitted JG Bar-10 that has been run for probably 5 years no issues at least once a month by its owner with next to no maintenance. It's his go-to backup sniper for when his crazy custom builds go down or he just wants to go out and have fun without worrying about it. The newer kits are even better quality than his and I think they even come with R-Hop (though you may need to spend extra).

If the sears ever do break then you can just pop a $10 SHS steel sear set in. No big deal.

11. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

Alright so uh.. Ignore everything said above.

Do not buy that l96. It is a clone of the Tokyo Marui design which means it is not APS2 or VSR-10 upgrade compatible, atleast not fully. The Tokyo Marui L96 design has been discontinued for a very long time. The amount of upgrades on the market are very small. If you want an L96 you should spend a bit extra and get the UTG mk96.

The JG bar-10 is the other option for the vsr-10 compatible clone. Also ignore anotherm4normie At 600 fps the VSR-10 stock trigger sear is the least of your worries. The sear is at a 45 degree angle pushing the piston into the top of the cylinder. It would grind away at both the sear, cylinder, and piston. I highly doubt the guy that he knows is running a stock 45 degree trigger setup. Also keep in mind that even if he is the stock trigger box is plastic so when you upgraded the sear if would probably crack the actual trigger box itself.

I would just ignore anotherm4normie He has spewed a lot of misinformation throughout this thread that to me shows he does not know much of what he is talking about.

Also Maruzen is the makers of the original l96 APS2 system. As far as I know I do not think they ever made a vsr-10 clone using vsr-10 style parts as they were focusing on their own aps2 line.

12. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    Good catch.

Dude, we already suggested the JG Bar-10, and we were not talking about stock sears, we were talking about EDGI sears, used in conjunction with the rest of the EDGI upgrade kit.

I don't mind admitting where I was wrong, would you like to be specific? I wouldn't want to misinform anyone into making bad decisions, and most of my information either comes from a veteran sniping buddy, or sniperforums, or reddit.

I assume you misinterpreted what I was trying to say. Let me clear it up. The VSR-10 is made by Tokyo Marui, and their clones are generally of better quality than the clones of the L96 made by Maruzen (wasn't sure which manufacturer exactly). I know I worded it pretty badly, but there you go.

Again, if you can be specific, you can help me stop spreading misinformation, and you can help OP disregard the relevant misinformation.

13. gone123

gone123 Member

45 degree is simply inferior to 90 degree. It may have worked for him, but the system is much more reliable. Smoother trigger pull, etc.
    I can drive a 90's Chrysler that I bought off Craigslist for $750 for five years no problem, or I can drive a 2015 Mazda for five years no problem.
    Kind of the same scenario. One can fail any time, the other won't. Plus, the Mazda is a much smoother ride.

14. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    I agree, but I also said that if you want the absolute best you can spend tonnes of time obsessing over each and every part that goes in. With an EDGI kit, you can spend a few minutes installing it and then be done and be able to rest assured that when you pull the trigger everything will work.

The main problem with the EDGI kit is that the value for money isn't the greatest, you're paying for the convenience.

I'm not debating whether or not 90D is better, but for the most part, it's good enough, and if you do get unlucky, it's no big deal.

I personally either go all-in or I get the bare minimum, so I wouldn't go this route, but it is a great option for the kinds of people who buy Krytacs and never upgrade them.

15. gone123

gone123 Member

Heh, I bought a Krytac and only upgraded the barrel. Totally fine with the internals. Maybe a new motor and cylinder set, but then it would be more upgraded than stock.

Yeah, I guess it's convenient. No picking out different parts to be the best of the best.
    But installing a 90 degree system is easier than installing sears imo.
    Some people are happy with the EdGi kit, and that's fine.
    But for me, I'd much rather get some PDI, AA, and other parts. The EdGi barrel $55 shipping ruins it for me :(

16. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    Yeah, shipping from Thailand is crazy expensive. The guy I was talking about had some connections and found some way to get a bunch of EDGI parts into the country at a much lower price and resold the rest. I think he went through the club armourer. You could potentially do the same thing if you spoke to the right people. I know that Amped Airsoft does custom orders and get stock in from EDGI every now and again.

17. gone123

gone123 Member

It's the Phillipines, but either way.. Shipping is too damn expensive.

EdGi has a US retailer, and I try not to order from him because he orders from EdGi 3-4 times a year, and it's a low probability that you're going to want to buy a barrel at the same time he orders.
    I'd much rather pay less for a steel PDI barrel, that may not have the mirror finish, but that will last me longer and not have $55 shipping.

hopsystems actually has the brass barrels for the asking price of $60 and added 15 since it would be 55 to ship. It's $40 cheaper but brass is meh.

Oh, and your guy might've just made one shipment of a load of parts and paid only $55. Resell each barrel for $20 more or something, and you might make a profit.

18. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    Yeah, I agree on this as well. You can get zci barrel with a custom-cut window lapped to .5 microns by sherlock over on reddit for $36 not including shipping. You can also pay an extra $20 to have him install an R-Hop patch (he does an amazing job). He's an amazing guy to deal with and his services offer great value. If OP is in the market for a barrel, he is a good person to consider.

19. TheFallenHero

TheFallenHero Active Member

Alright ill go through. Not going to bother quoting it out because I am lazy but it will go in order from post to post.

In post 1 you talk about staying away from the L96's because there are less people using the platform. Honestly its probably split 50/50 and for the price if your not interested in dropping 100 dollars on a 90 degree trigger system then the l96 is a better buy in its stock form. Also 1000 dollars? You could get all pdi parts for around the same cost as the edgi kit and not have to wait for shipping. The EDgi kit also has a custom piston and trigger sear design. Its a 60 degree system so it is better then the 45 but not as good as a 90. It also reuses the stock plastic trigger housing. I can't see the jg bar 10 trigger housing lasting for long with 500 fps behind it.

Post 2 has you stating vsr-10 clones are of better quality. What? The jg bar-10 body is a thin plastic piece of garbage. There are just as many crap l96s sold as there are vsr 10 clones. The only reason the bar-10 sells so well is the price.

post 4. 45 degree trigger sears a minor problem? You ever read up on the jg bar-10? Stock fps it blows through trigger sears and if you upgrade the sear it either grinds into the top of the cylinder or cracks the trigger box itself. A minor problem is like a bb curving very slightly to the left. Ruining parts within the gun or just breaking on the field is not exactly a minor problem in my eyes.

Post 5. As stated in an above point edgi uses a proprietary 60 degree trigger sear. You could not just swap in an shs sear set if edgi's breaks. Also once again you run into the trigger box cracking.

Also lets talk about the edgi kit and what you are getting. Edgi is now selling his kits through novritch. The jg bar-10 kit is a barrel, spring guide, piston, spring, and trigger sears. All that for $375. You then have a 2 week wait before you get them and thats if they are even in stock. I know getting the ssg24 has been a long wait for a lot of people so I am not sure if they are even in stock.

laylax vsr 10 trigger is 200. Comes with a piston. Action army spring guide $20. You then have almost $200 left over for a barrel. You then have 155 dollars for a barrel. If you spend $100 on a barrel which even then is pretty dam expensive you would still have $55 leftover for a good hopup chamber which edgi doesnt even provide. Also before saying action army is garbage its a spring guide. Its hard to mess something like that up.

You also say all your knowledge comes from a sniper veteran, forum, or reddit. So it seems like you do not have much real world experience yourself. If you want to venture out into the world of sniping and sniper rifles by all means do so. Until then though don't just go around spewing information you read and hear. Experience it for yourself!

EDIT: Be ready for a **** ton of spelling and grammar mistakes because I am not going back and rereading this myself.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  20. gone123

gone123 Member

You talking to me? Because I didn't say any of that.
    And AFAIK, a few months ago you were talking trash about the Novritsch kit and labeling it as cheap, mass produced parts.
    You don't know much yourself, FallenHero.
    Before you start crap like this on forums, you need knowledge to back it up.
    Trigger box cracking isn't too big of an issue as long as it's metal, like it is on a BAR 10.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017