Inner barrel

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by cody3553, Dec 18, 2012.

1. cody3553

cody3553 New Member

Hi all, I'm Cody from Malaysia, this is my 1st time in this forum so still learning how to use it.
    Anyway I have a question about the inner barrel, I'm actually looking for 6.01 inner barrel as my current M4 is prometheus 6.03 363mm, my choice is Madbull 6.01 tight bore, any suggestion?

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Don't change out your barrel. Prometheus barrels are some of the best barrels out there and wider bores are better for accuracy.

3. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    The current barrel you have, the Prometheus, will be better than the Madbull 6.01. It has been proven time and time again in accuracy tests.

Also, welcome! It is always nice to get international flavor here!

4. cody3553

cody3553 New Member

I heard there's a brand call EDGI & the forum said its as good as PDi, only the price is half cheaper...

5. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    Ehh... Not so much anymore. PDI is still the way to go. But seriously, keep with what you have. It is great.

6. cody3553

cody3553 New Member

Cool, I guess I didn't waste my money last time, just thinking make the accuracy better so 6.01 might be better, but thanks for u guys info.
    I'm actually having a full custom aeg cause last time make a mistake bought a RWL DD M4 but when comes to upgrade it can't store with others gearbox so I have to buy the whole new RIS, receiver & stock pipe & but stock, which cost me even more expensive, sigh! What a dumb *** I am.
    But I have a question, I'm using Prometheus double torque gear, full cylinder type A, cylinder head, air seal nozzle, king arms hard piston 7 steel teeth red color & systema M150 spring, but it seems like my every single shoot the piston won't back to nutural, I have to make auto burst to make it back to nutural, is that any problem of my setting? Beside my gearbox is G&P reinforced & G&P devil jet M170 motor...

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    So, what happens is your piston only half cycles on semi auto? Sounds to me like you have a motor problem or a battery that's too weak. What battery are you using? Also, did you shim the gears correctly to minimize friction?

8. cody3553

cody3553 New Member

I'm not sure my technician shim it coz I duno shim, my battery is 11.1v 1200mah 20c, coz I change my butt stock from MAGPUL Ctr to Madbull ace SOCOM stock, so can't make out the wire to stock battery outside, Last time I'm using 11.1v 2200mah 25-30c.

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Hmm. The battery has good discharge rates. It may be your motor, but it could be the shimming is too tight, problems with grinding of the gears, or even a problem with the cut off lever/selector plate.

10. cody3553

cody3553 New Member

There said should use Prometheus torque gear not double torque gear by using systema m170 spring, but I've ordered PDi 260% spring & guarder sp150 spring, cause systema is the best & most powerful but easy to break, not long lasting, I play airsoft about 8 months already change 5-6th time, sigh

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I'm confused. Any chance you could reiterate a bit? The gears are fine. It's just a problem with the shimming.

12. cody3553

cody3553 New Member

Sorry is systema m150 spring not 170, my bad, the shimming my technician said is fine only I get a wrong gear, he said I should get a torque gear not double torque by matching with 150 spring

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yeah, torque gears have no place IMO. I rather just use a set of 16:1 ratio gears plus a Lonex A1 and be done with it. G&P motors aren't that great. By the way, get a set of riot gears. They're better than the gears that you have, and only around $10-20 more USD. They'll last forever, too.

14. cody3553

cody3553 New Member

Can u show me the link of riot gear? I'm not sure what is it

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I can't get you a link from my current location as all the airsoft sites are blocked using an internet filter. Surprisingly, this isn't blocked though. They're called "Siegetek Concepts" gears. I think I may be able to get a link later on today for you depending on if I can hack myself through the filter (lol).

16. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I think what he means isn't that the motor doesn't complete the cycle in semi, but that it has overspin in semi auto. Your gun shoots normally in full auto right? Then the piston stopping halfway back after each semi shot is simply caused by overspin, and isn't really a problem. Clandestine Airsoft sell Siegetek gears by the way, and they ship internationally.

17. cody3553

cody3553 New Member

Thanks pal, I shall take a look on it, it seems like Prometheus gear & the riot gear almost the same price...