Installing Hop up Help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by TheLostCause, Aug 8, 2012.

1. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

2. cysko

cysko New Member

What you have is called a "two piece hop-up" and what you want is a "one piece hop-up". In order for you to change them you will need to get metal upper/lower receivers for your gun. Which then you would also need to buy a new barrel and change a couple other internal stuff to correctly put in the "guts" from your other gun + the new hop-up unit into the metal receivers. So I'd reccomend just getting a better hop-up top(that looks like the one you have, so it fits) if you just need/want replace that, other wise it will cost alot of money and time.

2 Timothy 2:14

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    cysko is right for the most part however you don't need a metal body for a one piece hop up, don't get me wrong you still need to buy a different receiver but combat machines and my king arms are both nylon and they have one piece hop ups.

4. cysko

cysko New Member

Ya I'm not sure about other brand M4's but I do know that my friend had to get a new hop-up and the only way he could change his to a 1 piece was to get new receivers( we both have JG m4's. He has the S-system and I have a CQB-R model)