Installing ris

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by MilsimM16a3, Aug 28, 2012.

1. MilsimM16a3

MilsimM16a3 New Member

Chihuahua
    I have recently purchased a Madbull 9.5 inch Daniel Defense RIS II and i don't really know how to install it. It is going on my G&P m4 sopmod. If anybody can help that would be great.

2. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    G&P receiver threads are different than madbull threads by like .5 or something. (pitch wise IIRC). I believe it will fit, because of the paint, but I guess we will find out. (look into the madbull DRM to rethread it if you want to be sure it will work. Anyways, on to the assembly. First, you take that little rod thing (about a quarter to a half inch long iirc) and put it into the hole in the reciever. Next put the piece that has holes in it with the the part that has a hole in one side up. It should slide onto the rod. Put the top two screws on each side in their holes first though. Now put the barrel but on (it should be the circular part). Tighten it down preferably using an armorers wrench. Hand tightening won't be enough. Then proceed to slide the RIS on. Tighten screws and put the bottom two the opposite way. Tighten down and you're done.

3. MilsimM16a3

MilsimM16a3 New Member

Chihuahua
    Ok thanks...do i have to take out the gas tube?

4. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    You will have to take out the gas tube, front sight (pop the two pins, check for set screw, then slide off), and the flash hider (set screw out, if any, then hit with heat of some sort like a blow dryer and turn left on this gun. It has 14mm positive threading).

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
  6. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Yupp that too. That leaves two options.

-Rethread your upper
    -Barrel nut for g&p receivers