Interceptor's Rare and Unusual TM Thread

Discussion in 'Airsoft Images & Video' started by interceptor, May 17, 2020.

1. interceptor

interceptor Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Los Angeles
    I was cleaning up the gun shed and found some guns that I just don't see
    very much - not on Evike, Echigoya or even YouTube. I thought it would nice to share pics with all of you. If you have any information regarding these, would appreciate you commenting below.

I'll start with a recent buy. I vaguely remember seeing this briefly on Airsoft Extreme's website once and then it disappeared. It came out around 2012 and despite a few review videos that came out then, it seems to have disappeared. It has a custom slide and frame but not sure how compatible it is with the standard Hi-Capa. Was this a higher performance version or were the changes just cosmetic? Perhaps a lack of compatibility made this gun extinct. The Gold Match may have similar problems but is still being sold today.

Hi-Capa Match Custom.jpg

2. interceptor

Los Angeles
    You don't see too many airsoft revolvers. Common complaints are limited ammo capacity and CO2 guns shooting too hot for CQB. Tokyo Marui tried to address this by creating a revolver where 4 BBs are loaded into each chamber allowing 24 shots before a reload. The FPS is low (maybe too low) so it's CQB compliant.

The problems are the gun feels light and plasticky. I know because of laws in Japan, they can't be metal but my GBBs aren't too bad. This feels like a toy. Also the lack of shells makes it less realistic. Can't tell you how it shoots - too afraid to use green gas/propane as if this breaks, I won't ever be able to fix it.

Python Gas.jpg

Dead_Christmas and yrutimid like this.

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If you run a gas gun, you really need to know the gas pressures each each gas.

You can use higher pressure gas when the temps are cooler.

Dead_Christmas likes this.
  4. interceptor

Los Angeles
    There is a lot of information regarding GBB pistols including gas usage. But I can't seem to find much regarding this type of gun. Also a common refrain is if a part breaks in a GBB, you can replace or upgrade which may not be an option in this one.

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    In Japan you can...

I have used that very type of pistol with Pure Propane and it's fine at ~75 degrees. In higher heat it can light strike. R134A works very well with it in higher temps...FPS is around 295ish...I did get it up to 307 with propane.

6. interceptor

Los Angeles
    Thanks for the info. The externals are a little flimsy so wasn't sure about the internals.

7. interceptor

Los Angeles
    I've posted this years ago when I joined the forum but I thought it would be appropriate for this thread. This was my first real airsoft gun - little did I know how rare it would become. US Airsoft claims these are worth $700 but that seems a little high to me. I vaguely remember spending $200 at Airsoft Extreme for this one new.

The mystery of the gun is everyone wants a SPAS with the stock but TM stopped making them while selling the stockless version. My guess is that they could not sell it at a price point to be profitable. Now that Octagon Airsoft sells the stocks as part of a niche market, these are being seen more often. If you want to know if the stock is original TM or Octagon, look for the release buttons on stock. If they are brown and dull, it's TM. Shiny silver buttons are Octagon. The TM one also has fake trades on it but this is pretty subtle. spas-12-box-jpg.119996.jpg

Dead_Christmas and aotsukisho like this.
  8. interceptor

Los Angeles
    As a collector of "modern" firearms (or anything after the 1980's), I really wasn't too interested in getting an M14. However after seeing the EBR variant, I thought that was a nice update. However as I have only bought TM guns for years (in an unsuccessful attempt to rein in my airsoft spending), there was no EBR among the TM variants.

When I saw this for sale on this very forum, I had to buy it. This is a TM M14 with the G&P short barreled EBR kit. The CNC kit was over $500 when it first came out and that didn't include the donor gun. I bought this used and it has a G&P M14 suppressor as a bonus. Although it's made of aluminum, it's still quite heavy.

PS: sorry for the pic, lighting was suboptimal in my photo studio (garage)

M14 EBR.jpg

9. interceptor

Los Angeles
    Here's one you see occasionally but not too often. The TM Uzi AEG/AEP had a metal receiver and a plastic gearbox which was the opposite of their other AEGs at the time. Like the SPAS with the metal stock, it's not clear why TM stopped making this AEP. This could be because of the inherent gearbox design issues but it could be that the market for oddball guns isn't that great. Uzi.jpg

10. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    I like this thread, and was wondering if you'd be interested in myself posting any strange TM guns I've got stowed away?

11. interceptor

Los Angeles
    Glad you are enjoying this thread. You (and anyone else) should feel free to post their rare and unusual TM guns. Looking for guns that have been discontinued or hard to find/buy. I post a new gun every month around the 17th.

12. interceptor

Los Angeles
    If you had to name a TM NBB pistol, you probably would pick the iconic Mk23 (with suppressor and fake LAM unit). However TM released a number of NBB pistols in the past which I believe have been discontinued. The Wilson Supergrade replica pictured here is one of them. GBB has largely replaced NBB in the TM lineup but still looking for a TM AMT Hardballer NBB though.
    Wilson SG.jpg

13. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
  14. interceptor

Los Angeles
    Thanks for letting me know. Not sure how it would look with an empty laser mount though. Someone tried selling a "Terminator" lookalike gun based on the TB Hardballer for $800 on eBay a while back (complete with laser).

15. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman