Internal parts (gas)

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Cslade17, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Cslade17

Cslade17 New Member

Shreveport
    I feel that there should be a thread for each internal part of an airsoft gas gun. I know a few of the major parts such as the gearbox and hop up and what not. But i have no extremely detailed knowledge and would like to be educated on this matter expertly. So i ask that a 101 guide be created in the format of naming each piece, adding a picture, explaining what its function is, and the best brands.

This is not a thread for arguments or conversation. Please be detailed and speak as if i know absolutely nothing about the gun.

I have made another request for this in Electric and spring guns.

2. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    I don't know if this'll work, since nearly every gas model is internally different, unlike AEGs where there's only about seven gearbox versions, and only three common ones. We can give it a try though.

3. Cslade17

Cslade17 New Member

Shreveport
    Alright. Then if youd please. Just list basic parts that they do have in common and use the same format

4. JCL

JCL Member

Cohasset
    There also aren't nearly as many brands that make parts for rifles. Pistols have a few more because of the hi capa

5. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    The only thing different rifles will have in common are gas fill and release valves, and only if they're the same brand. Past that, barrel and bucking, but that's par for the course for any gun out there. Nothing I can think of is usually interchangeable between different rifles, even of the same brand, besides air seal and valve stuff, and even that's iffy.

6. JCL

JCL Member

Cohasset
    I replaced some of the fill valves on my VFC ump magazines with WE ones and the only difference I saw between them were that the WE valve had more threading than the VFC. I do suspect this to be a rare incident of parts commonality, but I thought I'd mention it to bring up the possibility of other similar situations.

7. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

You're completely right, I've put WE fill valves in KSC stuff and vice versa. Sometimes it'll work, other times it wont. Besides the obvious barrel+hop combo, this is the only success I've had switching parts.