Internals

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Expendable, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    I'm fairly new to airsoft and am looking to upgrade my JG M4 S-System, but I don't know what to buy. I've put together a preliminary list on what I think I should get. I'm getting rid of all the stock internals but I don't know what will and won't work. I'm not sure what all goes into the GB and that good stuff.If there is anything that won't fit, work, or you have a better suggestion, I'm all ears. I need a MOSFET and go figure, I don't know any. I would like to have a fire mode converter.So here I go.

CA V3 7mm reinforced GB
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=31_136&products_id=5405

Systema Silent Head Set for V3 GB
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=31_52_620&products_id=149

Prometheus Non-Liner Spring M120
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=31_51_610&products_id=622

Area 1000 Tappet Plate for V3 GB
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=31_167&products_id=423

Echo 1/Modify V3 Spring Guide with Bearings
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?cPath=31_268&products_id=2246

Any and all help is appreciated. :)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Well first off your gun has a V2 gearbox not 3 I do believe getting another gearbox shell is excessive if only for a m120, just my 2 cents. So just replace those v3 things with v2. How hot is your gun currently shooting?

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I suppose I'll chime in. First, throw out all of those parts. Systema is bad and over priced. Use your stock spring as it should keep you around 400fps. Grab a Lonex red or blue piston. Grab a Lonex m4 airseal nozzle. The stock Tappet should be fine. Buy some XT connectors, 16 AWG wire, and a MOSFET. If you want an FCU, the BTC Chimera, ACSU, or Cheetah MOSFET are all good. You will need shims, grease, and some CA glue. As for piston head, an element POM or Lonex Pom are good. Grab some 70D Sorbo and a neoprene backer for AOE correction.

4. Expendable

Dallas
    I haven't chronoed yet but I need to be able to use a bigger spring for some fields. And I'll do that Archer.

Edit: Archer, what websites should I look at? Also my price range is anywhere from $150 - $225 or so, will all the pieces fit my price range?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Definitely will. Shootercbgear.com, wgcshop.com, Shop.ehobbyasia.com, clandestineairsoft.com, and hivemindairsoft.com are all good places to look.

6. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Excuse my noobiness, but dafuq is CA glue and what is it used for?

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    It's basically superglue.

8. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    If you need a mosfet get it from bludragon071889 he has mosfets listed in the classifieds.

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Legitdood and Disguesed enemy are the people to get them from as they have a warranty.

10. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    As does he IIRC. And he's a great guy.

11. Expendable

Dallas
    Would I need a new lower reciever for the FCU or not.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    No. Lol. An FCU is an abbreviation for Fire Control Unit which is in a MOSFET that is capable of making a gun have burst fire.

13. Expendable

Dallas
    Do any of the websites have everything? I'm only asking to save on shipping and hassle.

14. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You're not going to be able to get everything on one website.

15. Expendable

Dallas
  16. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yep, you can get the XT and neoprene backers from clandestine.

17. Expendable

Dallas
    Are the XTs Deans or XT-70s?

18. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The deans are the red ones.

19. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington