Intro That Was Forgotten

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sonsofthepatriots1, Dec 21, 2012.

1. sonsofthepatriots1

sonsofthepatriots1 Active Member

Hello, my name is James and i meant to do this intro a few weeks ago but forgot to. I have about 3 years airsoft experience and only a few months of tech experience. I currently run a JG G36C with a Tiger camo BDU. I shop mostly from Evike but am getting away form them as i read more and more posts recommending other sites. i prefer a stealthy approach over a charge in guns blazing tactic. In the time I have been here i have learned so much about modifying AEG's I can't wait to test out what I learn.

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, welcome to the forum, mate. If you ever have any questions about techwork, I'm always happy to help. See you around the forum! By the way, expect Marine to post a huge intro post here in a second.

3. sonsofthepatriots1

I will most likely hold you up on that offer. Thanks for the warning :)

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    -____________________________________-

Welcome to the society, here you will be able to rebuild your airsoft life with threads and threads of new information! Up at the top is a search bar, it will look like this.

[​IMG]

One of the greater things about this society is that it's been around FOREVER so you can imagine nearly every simple question has been asked before, such as "what's the best m4 for 150 dollars?", "What's the best brand?", or "Help with DMR build" and all that information can be yours (if your're willing to learn that is)!
    Alternatively if you have trouble using the search bar, you can try searching via google and just attaching "airsoft society" to the end of it. Like so.
    [​IMG]

Now I don't mean to bully you, and you may be wondering why I'm giving you all this information, but around here we have a rash of new guys who always ask the same questions, and to be frank, it gets old. So I'm just making you aware of all this the second you join, so you can help us vets avoid some of the trouble. Get em while they're young, know what I'm saying?

Oh and like everyone else said, be sure to read the rules! http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f10/announcement-rules-regulations.html

Lastly, because some people don't understand the concept we have people called moderators, who hang about the forum policing it and making sure the rules are followed! You may notice them as the guys giving threats:D either way you are going to want to make sure you check the rules to stay out of the way of those guys, those guys being (Currently active Mods off the top of my head)
    Sparky D
    Knief
    NJnewland
    The only buster
    lil_shady
    Griffin
    Unless you have some very solid evidence arguing with any mods isn't a good idea.

Do you have any tech experience by chance? Techs are always a nice addition to the forum, always have people asking about builds and people who need help fixing their gun. If you're not perfectly that's perfectly fine as well! Hang around here long enough and you'll probably try something or other with your gearbox. One note on posting although, another thing people have a tendency to do when they join (and even some members who've been around a while) is give out poor information or give out simply incorrect information, don't be afraid to share your experiences or your opinion, but if you get into a factual argument, please please make sure you're facts are right for example please don't post things along the lines of

First off that would violate the rules which state to use proper spelling and grammar, so let's go ahead and add that in.

This is better, at least you aren't violating any rules with this, however one of the first things you should learn is that FPS doesn't mean nearly as much as people would like to believe, for example the difference in range between 350 FPS and 380 FPS is negligible. So that isn't really a selling point, also when you think about it that post really doesn't describe much about the gun! Let's try making it a non arguable statement with some more details. A good guide (when recommending something) is to find several things you like about the gun and at least making note of one thing you didn't like, this way people can see you're at least trying to be non biased, for example, I'm much more likely to believe the guy saying "Yeah I personally love goldenball bbs, they get me fantastic range, but I have spotted a high rate of bbs with bubbles in them." than the guy who says, "Goldenball bbs are awesome, they get me fantastic range!" Now adding that all into this quote.

This is a much better post, however brings me to the last of my points, if you ever tell someone to look for something try to provide a link. If there are several lancer tactical reviews he may find a crap one where a guy fires 5 shots at a paper target on his backpack some 15 feet away. To avoid this, link him and he can go watch a decent review, then maybe find other reviews on his own.

That's all for now, read, check out the sales section (classifieds) and post!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    ^I told you so. Lol. Marine, why the long face? By the way, I notice there is quite a few grammatical errors in that post ;). PM me if you can find them. :D

6. sonsofthepatriots1

thank you both on the welcome you have given me. I am a starter tech, looking to expand my knowledge. Most of my experience comes from my Version 3 gearbox and JG G36. I am looking to buy broken guns of all sorts to get a handle on different setups and designs.

7. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Kinda late... But welcome to the forum! Not much else to say since marine said it all.