Introduction and then some

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by ItsAKadoozie, Dec 4, 2012.

1. ItsAKadoozie

ItsAKadoozie New Member

Hello all,

Just saying hi.

On to the question. I'm looking for a primary between $4-500 that I don't really intend to do much with in terms of upgrades, maybe a precision barrel.
    Currently looking at the Classic Army LWRC and the VFC 416. Will be used for field and cqb. I'm not set on a particular model just yet even though my two current interests are m4's. Does anyone have insight regarding which of the two would be better (build quality, longevity, performance, overall aesthetics, etc)
    Feel free to input or suggest an alternative.

Edit: just noticed there's a "which gun should I get" forum. I apologize for using this section.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Well, welcome to the forum and don't forget to read the rules.

On this forum, many people love VFC and that's for a reason. They make great guns internally and externally. Especially their 416. I highly recommend it. The only problem you might run into with it is it shooting to hot for CQB. Do you plan to upgrade or change anything?

3. ItsAKadoozie

ItsAKadoozie New Member

Thank you, I shall get on that.
    I do not intend to upgrade. Everything will likely remain stock, at least for long while. How hot does it shoot? I'll mostly be playing field. One of the things that concerned me about the 416 was the weird magazine winding tool. Does it accept just any m4 magazines?

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Not sure how much it shoots but around 400 stock iirc. But I'm pretty sure it takes most M4 type magazines.

5. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Welcome to the boards! yes, please read and try to follow the rules and there will be no problems... This question could have been asked int eh what gun should i get section but since its part of your intro, heres my answer...
    The VFC 416, like most VFC, shoots around 365 with .25, ~400 with .20. If your field is REALY STRICT about FPS then this gun wont work without a slight downgrade but most fields will let a 5-10 FPS difference pass.
    VFC makes some of the best externals on the market and their internals are more than decent. Their major problems are wiring is a little thin (not a problem unless your really rough with them) and the piston (which shouldnt be a problem as long as you just a 7.4 20c lipo).
    Youll be very happy with either gun as the LWRC is an amazing rifle as well.

6. ItsAKadoozie

ItsAKadoozie New Member

A bit disappointed. I just checked evike an asgi. Both are out of stock for the 416. Are there any other reliable airsoft retailers that currently have it in stock?