?ions on washing BBs

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by SSGSPEEDMAN, Aug 4, 2012.

1. SSGSPEEDMAN

SSGSPEEDMAN New Member

Yes, I have searched found no answer on this. I plan on using Diet Coke.
    how long should I let them be soaked in the Diet coke and how should the bbs be dryed off?

Thanks,
    Kevin

2. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I personally don't, but what I have heard is you was them in a bathtub, making sure to cover the drain, and drying them with a towel, and air drying them. That is supposed to clean off the silicon that comes from the factory. From here, you can either use them, or apply a THIN layer of silicon. There are plenty of debates about that online if you look for them.

3. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Diet coke isn't a good idea IMO.

I throw mine in an inside out standard tube sock, and then throw them through a regular wash cycle with the rest of my clothes, making sure to not use any fabric softener. They come out fairly dry, but I lay them on a microfiber cloth in a single layer in an air conditioned room to dry for a while longer.

It's an extremely fast, simple, and effortless way of washing BBs.

4. SSGSPEEDMAN

SSGSPEEDMAN New Member

LOL with your dirty clothes? I hear soap and water just isn't good enough.
    I heard to do Diet coke, then wash with soap and water.

5. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Hey, I'm not that dirty;)

It doesn't do that great of a job if all you do is hand wash them. Machine washing is a whole other animal. You get a violent and abrasive wash without damaging the BB's. It is hard to do that via hand washing. Just make sure you don't have any hard objects in the wash with the BBs.

Edit: I should also add, try to pick out the cleanest clothes from your hamper. Use common sense and don't throw in a pair of jeans that you just wore while swimming through a mud pit..

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  6. SSGSPEEDMAN

SSGSPEEDMAN New Member

LOL ok, what temp is the water,warm or cold? guess I need get a small bag designed for a washer and put the bbs in that?

7. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    Or just use clean socks. 20 characters

8. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Yes warm. I use a standard white tube sock flipped inside out. Just pour the BBs in and tie a knot in the end.

Use soap but not fabric softener. Don't use bleach obviously.