IPHONE 5!! And mac thread.

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by soviet, Sep 17, 2012.

1. soviet

soviet Active Member

Me being a Mac geek. The iPhone 5 came out. I can't wait. What about you all?

I searched couldn't find a thread.

2. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Apple products are overpriced pieces of junk.

Hypocritical since I own an iPhone...they're still junk.
    Especially Macs.

3. Mel

Mel New Member

Marietta
    I wouldn't say that Apple products are overpriced junk, but I agree about the Macs being overpriced.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  4. soviet

soviet Active Member

You really didn't have to post here. No hating on this! Now leave! Lol.

Mac are expensive not junk but yes expensive.

5. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Sorry. Haters abound today. Macs are too expensive for me, and I HATE the OS. With a passion. If I want something that can't get a virus, I'll go with Ubuntu. At least that way I'll be able to find my way around. :p

Now iPhone/iTouch/iPod? Can't say anything here as I'm saving for an iTouch, and would kill for an iPhone. :p

6. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Macs are overpriced. You can get a better PC for less.

7. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    You get what you pay for I'm currently typing this on a MacBook Pro and I love it. Of course I use a lot of editing software so I have a reason to own one. When people ask me if they should get a mac or windows I ask them what are they using it for and tell 'em based on that. If you just going to be using word and browsing the internet then get a windows. If your doing creative development or projects then get a mac.

Like I said you get what you pay for and $300 of the price tag is for that little apple symbol on your computer. Which I'm perfectly fine paying for. I comes down to its my money and I will spend it as I see fit.

8. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    I'm not a big fan of the MacBooks but I love my Iphone 4. Probably going to get the Iphone 5 in April when my contract ends.

9. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize Active Member

OKC
    Me and my dad have had the same MacBook since '07 and it is still kickin and going fast. Needless to say who you take good care of them they will last.

10. VTMZ

VTMZ Active Member

Paducah
    Yes Macs are overpriced. Junk? Yes. But that's just my opinion. You can build a PC twice the power for 2 times or more less.

As for iPhones, iPods, etc, they're phones. I don't care. I own a 4S and don't plan on upgrading to a 5.

11. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    The amount of fail in this thread is amazing. Will a staff member please cleanse this thread of all these useless posts?
    Anyway. Let me try to straighten out a few things/Offer a few topics of discussion.
    1) Macs are not overpriced, they are expensive. And you get exactly what you pay for.
    2) There is no "best" OS, computer, or phone. It comes down to user preference.
    3) The iPhone is the number one selling smart phone. The iPad is the number one selling tablet.
    4) No other technology company can create the sheer fanaticism about a product release the way Apple can.
    5) Steve Jobs was not the nicest person. He is however, one of the most prominent technology figures of our time.
    6) Apple has been a leader in innovation for decades.

Think I am incorrect? Offer a credible adult answer and we can have a legitimate discussion.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  12. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    1) You can build a PC better for the same price.
    2) That is true.
    3) Numbers doesn't mean they're good. It's still down to preference if you want an iPhone or an Android.
    4) fanboy-ism
    5) that is true.
    6) That is somewhat true.

13. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    1) Better is an opinion. Yes you can get better hardware, but just sticking more powerful components into a system does not always create an overall better user experience.
    4) Name one other company that sparks that kind of enthusiasm over an inanimate object. Also, Apple sold over 2M iPhone 5s in 24 hours.

14. bob19922

bob19922 Active Member

Old bridge
    If I'm not mistaken macs still use the same processor they did when computers were huge. Also you can build a better computer a five times better for less.

15. soviet

soviet Active Member

No they don't. Clearly you haven't seen the air.

16. bob19922

bob19922 Active Member

Old bridge
    I haven't I don't really bother with Mac books to expensive for what you get I'd rather have a pc and save a lot of money.

17. rich635

rich635 Active Member

Los Angeles
    All Macs are overpriced. You could easily Hackintosh a PC if you really need the software for iOS. And the Air is useless unless you have something against powerful computers. I don't get the point of a ridiculously thin laptop at all. I get compact laptops, just not ones that sacrifice performance for being the size of a stack of papers.

18. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    My MBA has an i7 processor and a 250gb SSD. When you are carrying around a ton of books on your back, you will appreciate the Airs slim design and light weight.

19. soviet

soviet Active Member

Yea exactly. I have yet to see a window as slim. Besides you get a back if your an artist or designer type job. You get a pc for gaming and Internet. Stuff along that line.

20. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    PC runs photoshop and video editing programs perfectly fine.
    lolfanboys.