ipod mounts

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by redDJcoolwhip, Aug 30, 2012.

1. redDJcoolwhip

redDJcoolwhip New Member

i have an ipod and i figured i cound use the ipod to film on. i just cant find a mount or anything. anyone have any solutions?

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    I have one. Do not use your iWhatever to film an airsoft game. Those things are not made to last. Get a cheaper durable camera for extreme sports instead. The cheaper ones would run you less than trying to make an iPod mount.

3. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Either risk it with tape and homemade items, or get a gopro. (I'm cheap and would probably stick with building one.) Get a big piece of styrofoam, put the ipod behind it and cut a small hole for the camera. cover the hole with transparent duct tape. then use the tape to connect with the gun and pm me the links to the videos.

4. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    One problem..airsoft bbs can travel through styrofoam..

5. Mikeinator

Mikeinator New Member

Northern VA (no more info, someone might find me...)
    Not after being wrapped with transparent duct tape. I have tested this with a 380 FPS gas pistol, it only occasionally left dents. and if it were tucked into a pocket, say on your vest, only the small camera section could pop out. If you want to spend a little more money, place it (styrofoam and all) behind a small piece of metal.

6. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    Or get a hard shell some duck tape and a cheapo soft shell and do what you said.

7. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

You could sucurly hook it inside one of you magazine pouches. Then cut a hole on the front of the pouch for the camera to see through.

8. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Buy some clear plexiglass from Home Depot. The tape it to the front. Lens and iPod protected. But its stupid to use your iPod. It WILL get shot, and you WILL get angry. Something WILL happen. Just buy some $50 camera from Wal-Mart, and you'll be fine.

9. commando5184

commando5184 New Member

1HR north of philly
    My mom and dad have iPhones, and when you disconnect them, they are iPods, I'll gust use that and some plexiglass an hinges. I'm not using my iPod.

10. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

I have a Griffin Survivor case, that came with a clip. That's what use to film.