is a 25c 7.4v lipo too much power for a jg?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by corntato, Oct 22, 2012.

1. corntato

corntato New Member

Stock jg m4 s system enhanced.
    Aside from aoe a lower spring and a reshim

Will the 25c discharge be too high?

2. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Probably not. I am getting a 11.4v 2200 mah lipo wired to deans for mine. However, I will only be using single fire and i have resistance wiring put in. I think you will be fine.

3. corntato

corntato New Member

OK thanks i didn't think it would be but i was wondering if anyone has encountered problems because the discharge rate is so high

4. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Yeah. Fried trigger contacts...

5. corntato

corntato New Member

Did this personally happen to you with jg trigger contacts?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    It's common especially with players who fire their airsoft weapons like real steel weapons (slow trigger pulls instead of firm quick pulls).
    Many will say use a Mosfet to prevent this from happening, when the honest truth is that it doesn't prevent, just slows it down a bit. I personally rather spend the $10 on new contacts when they go out. It's not a common occurance.

7. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I had my trigger contacts burn out on my echo 1 stag before I got a MOSFET. Well made a mosfet

8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, with the few milliamps that goes through the trigger contacts with a correctly designed and wired mosfet unit, it will take 300 years for them to fry. Your JG will run perfectly fine on the battery you mention. It's a common misconception that a higher discharge battery does more damage, the battery doesn't do any damage at all, it's the motor that decides how current goes through the wires. I run 11,1v li-po's that can deliver 56A continously, and 112 amps in short bursts, but my trigger contacts would probably hold up fairly well without a mosfet unit, because the motor is extremely efficient and draws very little current.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  9. corntato

corntato New Member

Thanks nor tech. Good information

10. spellisaac

spellisaac New Member

pahoa
    i have a friend who uses a 12v RC car battery his gun doesnt have any problems exsept the fact that the bbs cant feed fast enough so only 1/2 of the shots actualy fire lol (his gun is a jg m16)