Is a leafy poncho good

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Rainbow, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I have been looking at leafy ponchos to go over my gear when I'm playing. So far I heard They worked well but I was wondering if they are worth it. I don't want to get a full Ghille which is why I'm considering this.

Examples:

Attached Files:

2. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    That would probabley work less effectivly as a ghillie. The only true way to blend in is to make a ghillie yourself. Its less expensive, more effective, and overall satisfying. Don't be lazy (which we will have to work on) and don't short change yourself. You will be thankfull in the end if you listen to this advice.

3. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

From what I read it is a good base for a Ghille actually. That would come later once I have the funding.

4. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

I believe just spending the time to do it is worth it. I also notice you've been looking into more camo to work better recently. But you don't have a very high budget and you have lots of other things to buy. Also you just spent over $100 on multicam so telling you parents you need more camo will not help the airsoft cause. If you really want to blend in then just do what I'm doing. Build anything homemade out of nature and scrap materials you find lying around

5. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    You realize you would spend more on the poncho then you would on a home made ghillie, which will actually match your surrondings, right?

6. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Hey don't point out obvious helpful facts lol

7. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Some of the ponchos I saw were $10. At that I don't know much on the cost of making a Ghille or how to make one. Having a good base will help a lot in the process.

8. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    I have to, otherwise he's going buy. A crap load of useless camo and one day he will wake up and say, "Oh wait, I don't have any more cash or BBs. Oh well, who needs airsoft when I have camo?!?!".

9. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Well you can look a xcon's new guide on how to make one. It shows prices and is very good for guiding you easily in how to make a ghillie.
    I still think that should be stickied.

Also do what I said. Just random homemade stuff. If you give me an idea and I have the parts or you have the parts I'll attempt it for you If you don't want to

10. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I research before, have over $100 just for BB's, and always ask for a second opinion here before buying. So money for BB's isn't a problem.

11. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    A good base is crap surplus bdus, netting, and some glue. After that, all you need to do is dye burlap, get natural foliage and attach it. Very simple, very cost effective, very very many threads on it. I would tell you to talk to TJ254, but he's in boot camp right now, so the search bar is your friend.

12. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Your homemade stuff was leaves as grass that will die in two days lol

13. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    What do you think a real ghillie is made of?

14. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

You didn't read the conversation me and Danny (urban) had.

15. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

That's why the first thing I told you was prototype. Also I don't see you playing in any 2 day games. Spending 30 min to do that before a game would've worth it. Plus I already improved it.

Edit: it was very intense

16. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

That's because there are no 2 day games where we live lol. My point was that was a lot of work for something that temporary (as impressive as it was).

17. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

In the middle of summer when I have nothing to do I'd be more then happy to put in 30 min everyday to do that

18. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    I'm not even kidfing when I say you are the laziest kid I know. I know you will take that as a compliment, but it's not.

19. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

It's impractical. Never mind we've already had this conversation in other places lol:

20. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

I will take that as a compliment! So thank you!!! Lol