Is airsoft a sport?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by microsoft, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. microsoft

microsoft New Member

For me yes, I am already very athletic, so I know when something is physically hard, and running around the woods under a little stress in 95 degree heat covered in mud and having bugs swarm you and getting shot (it hurts..pain), and being dehydrated and stuff like that makes it a sport.
    I lost 5 pounds of water weight after one game. (i typically weight between 177 and 181 and im 5'10 so I dont have that much water weight to lose.)

2. ceezy

ceezy New Member

Id say soo, its not your traditional ball and net. But it can get very physically demanding at times. So yeah to me it is.

3. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

It is a sport but should not be a professional sport.

4. Hammock

Hammock New Member

It's a hobby. Not a sport.

5. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Table Tennis is an Olympic Sport. I think airsoft deserves casual sport

6. Seyo

Seyo New Member

Behind you
    Why can't it be both? I think of it like I have the sport of Airsoft as my hobby.

7. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

Well obviously it is a hobby, that's why people play it. If it is a sport it is automatically a hobby too.

8. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    I vote no.

I dont think so.

9. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

If people consider marching band a sport, then Airsoft is a sport.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess...

10. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    I say yes in most cases. Milsim or if you play intensly, take the game seriously, that is a sport. If your sitting in a corner with a crosman, thats not a sport.

11. cbm4399

cbm4399 New Member

If its backyard airsoft...no, just fun. But if it's at a field...yes, it's a sport

12. henrymac6

henrymac6 Member

lexington
    i think of sports in a different way than this like i don't think any of us are running and doing pushup and sit-ups and other conditioning routines like i would do to train for any other sport but it is also very demanding on the body

13. M4legends

M4legends New Member

I think its a sport:D

14. Dante

Dante New Member

Omaha
    yes. if magic the gathering can make it on ESPN (it was in the late 90's) then milsim or serious objective games of airsoft are a sport. honestly just look up the definition of sport in the dicitionary and see if airsoft fills that definition.

15. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Yeah, if fancy horse dancing is in the Olympics, airsoft can be called a sport.

There's MilSimmers and gearwhores that think may think of it as more of a hobby with getting that kit just right and so forth, and then there's the competitive in it to win it players that think of it as a sport.

16. Griffin

Griffin Active Member Supporting Member

By definition, airsoft is a sport.

17. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    My team does that xD

18. TornadoAirsoft

TornadoAirsoft New Member

Yea I think that Airsoft is a sport because you have to be in condition work with a team and operate as a team in my opinion it should be an Olympic sport

19. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    That makes no sense. Thats like saying, "if its baseball in your backyard its not a sport however if its on an actual baseball field its a sport."

Personally I think airsoft is a sport, a hobby, and a fashion show. I do not think it is an art however.

20. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    For people who paint guns it can be an art.