Is G&P the best M4 you can buy? if not what brand is? AEG $300-$400

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by plasticnoob, Jun 5, 2015.

1. plasticnoob

plasticnoob Active Member

hidden city
    Really looking for a top of the line (no polstar) AEG out of the box.

I recently got some upgrade parts for my G&G cm16 and waiting to install them next week. It's just a basic gun and I am doing a compression mod on it, don't really want to spend $100++++ into this basic gun. Its okay, to use for friends etc..

I rather drop $400ish into a new AEG that has a new shell, body, wiring etc... The works!

The G&P TMR Keymod AR-15 M4 12.5" has a 355mm barrel which is the same as my G&G cm16 short.

380~410 FPS which is what I am looking for in an AEG, right around 400.

I want to be able to shoot longer range, than I currently do. I am tried of being sniped by people 200 feet away and my gun just drop in range after 110 feet even with heavier bb's.

2. Mikanator

Mikanator New Member

Fort Worth
    In my experience, G&P makes the highest end bodies money can buy.

That being said, some people prefer VFC. I`ve never used a VFC so I just go around recommending G&P.

I don`t think there is a TM-clone AEG higher end than either of those brands.

3. plasticnoob

hidden city
    VFC is it elite force? or HK? everytime I look it up on airsoft GI it shows all 3 names, even colt, found on evike..

???

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  4. wartimeopbrokenhome

wartimeopbrokenhome New Member

Tokyo marui recoil shocks seem to be pretty good. Never owned one but, alof of people swear by them.

5. plasticnoob

hidden city
    fps is too low, looking right around 400, not 280 :/

6. meh

meh New Member

Near Chicago area
    I can hit people 200ft away with my krytac crb. That's the shorter version their is a longer one too.

7. wartimeopbrokenhome

wartimeopbrokenhome New Member

I mean you asked for the best lol. And it probably has the best range out of any stock gun. It can be increased ( fps ) by just a few simple upgrades.

8. Mikanator

Mikanator New Member

Fort Worth
    VFC makes Elite Force, which is licensed to produce HK and Colt trade-marked AEGs and GBB replicas.

9. CNCist

CNCist Member

San Diego
    Tokyo Marui
    They are the OG's of any current AEG.

A good clone is non blow back g&p m4. And it actually is 100% TM compatable. Kwa m4's are said to be good, but not 100% TM compatible. My opinion is just get the damn g&p, and dont touch the gearbox internals till they break.

10. ghostNC1

ghostNC1 New Member

In my opinion that m4a1 carbine from elite force are the best. I've had the same one for three years now without any upgrades

11. Jerichow

Jerichow Member

Lakeville
    +1 for TM Recoil Shocks, if for the fact that, even at "only 280fps" they can, and will keep up with and out-range nearly every AEG out of the box. If I recall right, TMs have generally been *the most* accurate out of the box, at least the ones I've dealt with have been.

The 280fps thing isn't a problem, it's like the same argument of a short barrel doesn't work as well as a long barrel. My CYMA MP5k, which has a 108mm barrel, can shoot just as far and consistently as my JG SL8, which has a 450mm inner barrel. The biggest difference is the MP5k has a quality inner barrel and a really consistent hop up chamber and nub, whereas the SL8 doesn't - TMs have arguably the best hop up chambers of any stock gun, and most aftermarket too, as well as having a very consistent bore 6.08mm inner barrel.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  12. AirsoftRyan778

AirsoftRyan778 Active Member

Baltimore
    VFC have good externals, but the internals are crap

If you want a good gun, get a g&p and put in a ZCI balance or high torque

13. Dusty_ArmyOfTwoAirsoft

Dusty_ArmyOfTwoAirsoft New Member

Crete
    I own a G&P M4 MOE and i absolutely love it. It came with a weird lipo connector that basically no one made a battery for which was a real pain in the *** and made me hate the gun but when i got to use it, the RoF was awesome and the range was pretty good as well. I got a new connector for it so it takes regular batteries and while the RoF isnt as good, its still a great gun. Plus it looks real sexy too

14. kozicki

kozicki New Member

I've heard VFC interals are not that bad but I might be mistaken. I'm curious about vfc interals vs krytac internals.

15. Mikanator

Mikanator New Member

Fort Worth
    That would be a mini-Deans connector. One of the best money can buy.

16. AirsoftRyan778

Baltimore

Unless you want to replace the piano and rapper plate, they're bad. The internals are average, but the terrible piston and tappet make it so much worse

17. AirsoftRyan778

Baltimore
    Lol I meant tappet plate and piston