Is good for the $100 area price range?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by HeavenStrider, Jun 25, 2017.

1. HeavenStrider

HeavenStrider New Member

Wakefield
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
    JG makes awesome guns, but you'll be better served by an m4 or ak.

Can't speak to this specific gun but many snowflakes, especially on the budget end, wind up being a disappointment.

3. HeavenStrider

HeavenStrider New Member

Wakefield
    Any others?

Are there any other intermediate level airsoft guns that you guys use in the $100-120 range?

4. Hangtight

Hangtight Well-Known Member

That is a bloody excellent rifle out of the box, and upgrades internally to a superb one. You're a lot more restricted on external upgrades however. But if you want to just get it out of the box and use it, rather than hanging loads of aftermarket stuff on the outside, snap one up.
    Don't forget that it uses a magazine specific to this gun, which is a bit of a pain to fit in standard mag pouches, and means if you're short of ammo in a game it's unlikely that someone will be able to throw you a spare mag.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  5. Spoon

Spoon Member

Montgomery Creek/Redding
  6. 1911a1

1911a1 New Member

Houston
  7. axlej11

axlej11 Active Member Supporting Member

Freeland
    As mentioned, JG makes tanks. I have a 7 year old JG that was abused to hell by my buddy that he gave to me to fix up, the internals were pristine. Almost brand new. I was astonished.

However for your price range, I'd recommend this:

http://www.evike.com/products/23921/

This way you can get an extra mag or two and a battery. These are known for being tanks and taking amounts of abuse. One of the best starter guns, and it's on sale for $70.

8. Chow

Chow Well-Known Member Supporting Member

DFW
    This.

Welcome to the Forum HeavenStrider!

Either the JG or Cyma would serve you well and they will last a long time under good ownership. Like what axlej11 said though, the Cyma CM-028 AK would be a great choice for you given its current sale price. You should also be able to use Evike's "freeship" coupon if you get your order to $80 or more (Maybe buy an extra magazine as mentioned before). I also would recommend the CM-028 as I find AK platforms much easier to work on/maintain.

Best of luck in your search,
    Chow

9. JHat

JHat Active Member

Elk Grove
  10. AnotherM4Normie

AnotherM4Normie Member

Auckland
  11. JHat

JHat Active Member

Elk Grove
    None taken.

With coupons, the LT Gen2s is in JG, CYMA and DBoys price territory. It has good reviews. Just another option.

12. Millsicorn

Millsicorn Member

I'm hoping this is a DMR and not a full auto CQB gun lol. 555fps! That's what a lot of snipers shoot around!

13. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    This has got to be the most useless post of this thread.

How exactly does this help the OP?

Not to mention you probably did it wrong, because with that spring, you could have reached better velocities.

14. JHat

JHat Active Member

Elk Grove
  15. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
  16. MNairsoft7

MNairsoft7 New Member

Please disregard this advice. Most fields don't even allow more than 400 fps.