Is it just me or....?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by HGwarhawk, Nov 8, 2012.

1. HGwarhawk

HGwarhawk New Member

Does everyone get gear (awesome plate carrier vests and stuff) and then not use them. I got a chest rig to carry mags but it limits my agileness and I can't move freely with it. A long sleeve shirt, BDU's and cleats work fine for me, so what do you think about those guys going out all decked out in gear?

2. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I'm one of those guys who gets "all decked out in gear" and I can tell you that every piece of gear I run is placed there for a reason and used. Be it a medical kit, mag pouches, or an admin pouch, they are all there because I use them. If a simple chest rig is limiting your agility, you may want to seriously get yourself checked out. There are guys running IOTV's that could probably keep up with you if a chest rig is slowing you down.

3. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    I agree with Grin if you're wearing it you should have a reason, that's what I do.

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    May I ask what chest rig it is OP?

Edit: Whoops, quoted the wrong person

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    [​IMG]

I look something like this when I play (with goggles on my face not my hat, of course), and I use all of the gear I have on:

[​IMG]

Other than the fact that I've gotten older and fatter, the gear itself doesn't slow me down. If you're getting slowed down by your gear, you're wearing it wrong.

6. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Active Member

China Grove
    Haha, I'm not the only one that uses auto zone gloves lol

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, you and a couple hundred SOF operators. Mechanix are really popular among operators, have been for years.

8. rdrunner

rdrunner New Member

ashburn
    I tend to wear a bit of gear. Not a whole lot, but that's due mostly to funds. Proper fitting gear can make you more effective by putting all the things you need right where you want it. It also adds to the immersion of the game. Being all geared up adds a lot more realism than jeans and a shirt (btw not knocking on those who play that way). Different strokes for different folks

9. Knief

Ann Arbor
    So, to summarize this thread, yeah, it's just you.

10. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Every piece I have I use. I have gotten gear that I now don't use for example, kneepads, elbow pads, and small things like that. Unless you're doing parkour, I don't see how a chest rig will affect your agility.