Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
I've had one of their "Matrix" guns, and was not impressed. Yeah, the externals are great. But the internals suck pretty badly.... My JG m4 was far superior.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is a great gun like externals and internals, I recently bought it and I brought it to a cqb tournament and every one that was there was impressed by the performance and reliability of the gun , yes you should get it but your choice. I also bought it from evike and I bought all kinds of performance parts like a upgraded metal gearbox body, performance o-ring Air Nozzle, and more things I can't list but I think and everyone thinks it best in its class

·
Registered
115 Posts
It depends on the original manufacturer of the gun, In your case it's Asia Electric Gun, so the internals won't be great, but the externals are nice and its alot easier swapping out internals than doing external work. So I'd get it if your looking for a good platform to work off of but not if you're just looking for a stock preformer.

·
Banned
76 Posts
I'm getting a matrix g36 Matrix Custom Lipo-Ready X36C Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle - Black / 400 FPS
Matrix Custom Lipo-Ready X36C Full Size Airsoft AEG Rifle - Black / 400 FPS
This is what I'm getting is it gonna be a good gun?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got the Matrix m4, and a matrix BB jammed and broke pretty much all the internals, including the gearbox shell. I have some other Matrix stuff too. It's just a bunch of crap, that Evike claims is awsome. I know for sure that I'll never buy anything Matrix again.

Edit: I guess I can add that it happened after 4-500 BBs.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Matrix is Evike's rebrand of Dboy, JG, CYMA, ECT. It is hit and miss on the guns.
No they are not. First of all they would have xyt gears, and a very solid gb, second they are called matrix because their original name was changed so they could get more purchases. Basically they are a random china brand. If they were dboy, jg, cyma, us techs would recognize the gearbox similarities between the two.

·
Registered
161 Posts
No they are not. First of all they would have xyt gears, and a very solid gb, second they are called matrix because their original name was changed so they could get more purchases. Basically they are a random china brand. If they were dboy, jg, cyma, us techs would recognize the gearbox similarities between the two.
I quote from this page: http://www.evike.com/index.php?cPath=21_44_211

"Matrix AEG are selected best sellers in Asia by OEM factories such as JG, Kart, DBOY, JLS, CYMA. Some brands such as CYMA / Kart are un-known OEM factories to buyers which were brought out under Matrix brand name. Matrix also carries some of the most popular buy OEM AEG being one of the biggest US based Airsoft distributor. Having problem choosing a China made budget AEG? Go Matrix!"

·
Super Moderator
13,846 Posts
I quote from this page: http://www.evike.com/index.php?cPath=21_44_211

"Matrix AEG are selected best sellers in Asia by OEM factories such as JG, Kart, DBOY, JLS, CYMA. Some brands such as CYMA / Kart are un-known OEM factories to buyers which were brought out under Matrix brand name. Matrix also carries some of the most popular buy OEM AEG being one of the biggest US based Airsoft distributor. Having problem choosing a China made budget AEG? Go Matrix!"
Which is, as theblock mentioned, code for, "we take a bunch of crap that doesn't sell, rebrand it with our in-house name and try to move it off our shelves."

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
What about the Alien Pulse Rifle?????? :eek: my brother wants that!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Gialight said:
It would require custom work by evike to make a spring shotgum fit into the frame, and thats a lot of work when they could just sell it without since it'd be the same mediocre gimmick gun.
That's my point, they could add some actually useful features instead of just selling a gimmick. And it's not like it's an extensive amount of work.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts