Is the CYMA CM.048 a good gun?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Comrade_Communism, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Comrade_Communism

Comrade_Communism New Member

DFW
    Recently saw it was on sale at Airsoftmegastore, and became interested since I'm an AK74 fan.

AK74 on Airsoftmegastore

Can anyone who owns this gun give me a review? Is it worth it? How's accuracy, reliability, etc.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Recently got back from the holidays and got to try it out a bit. It is indeed all metal, along with real (or overly realistic) wood. With the exception of the magazine, and the orange tip.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    I don't own the gun, but I've always heard cyma makes great ak's.

3. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    If I'm not mistaken, the CM048 is real steel takedown, a VFC-clone. It's all steel except for the rear sight block, which can be replaced with the real steel version with modifications. The hop-up is full metal, and it comes with real wood. The internal is pretty good.

4. Ak74boy

Ak74boy New Member

Charlotte
    Should i get this gun i really want it i heard someone say that the cover that holds the battery is a shakey is that true?

5. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    I've owned this gun before.
    I'll just talk about it for a bit.
    It has a nice weight to it and is evenly balanced. The wood is beautiful, and feels great, major reason why I regret letting her go. Only bad thing that I encountered is that the inner barrel is the same length as another model and doesn't reach far enough into the flash hider. This means that you will get an occasional flyer, because a BB will hit the lip of the flash hider. You have two options to fix it though, get a new inner barrel, or a new flash hider.
    Never had any issues with the function of the gun though, it was solid.
    Thread jack.

6. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    How much would a new barrel cost? Is there a tutorial on how to change it?

7. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    If you are on a budget, you could get a Madbull barrel. Not sure of the exact price though, ~$30?

You could just replace the flash hider. If not, there are guides on YouTube.

8. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    Just got back from the holidays. The "cover" that holds the battery is the rear butt-stock plate. I can confirm it isn't loose at all, it's held in by two screws. Though, it is a small space for a battery.

9. UrdnotWrex

UrdnotWrex Member

Gettysburg, PA
    The CM048 line is amazing. I had one for about 2 years and when I opened the gearbox there was no wear on any of the components. Now they do come with a massive spring shooting around 450 foot per second with a .2 gram and are battery hungry (9.6 will give a good half day) but they are great replicas for the cost.

10. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    What would be a good BB weight for a stock cm048? I just have .2s right now.

11. UrdnotWrex

UrdnotWrex Member

Gettysburg, PA
    Try .28 or .3 for the best results.

12. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    I would suggest just sanding the flash hider?

13. Comrade_Communism

DFW
    Thank you.

The flash hider is metal, I would have to grind it. Which I don't want to do to a 2-day old gun, let alone an AK74.