Is the Echo 1 M28 any good?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by th3b3ard, Nov 3, 2012.

1. th3b3ard

th3b3ard New Member

I've been looking for an airsoft sniper and I wanted to know if this one was any good

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

You will have to put $200+ into a sniper rifle to make it out perform stock AEGs.

3. th3b3ard

th3b3ard New Member

What would you recommend I get?

4. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

I not good with sniper rifles or sniper rifle upgrades, but the JG bar-10 I hear is a great build platform.

5. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Ditch the idea of getting the M28 and instead pick up a BAR-10. The M28 wasn't planned out that well. A lot of important parts are proprietary and doomed to break.

A BAR-10 however has a ton of aftermarket upgrade potential. Being that it uses VSR parts you won't have to worry about not being able to find specific upgrades.

6. th3b3ard

th3b3ard New Member

I'll look in to it. Thanks

7. TriadAirsoft

TriadAirsoft New Member

Winston-Salem
    My friend won one in a raffle and I have shot it and its definatly not a competing gun against a regular AEG

8. th3b3ard

th3b3ard New Member

What about a M700 quick take down? Also instead of green gas I would us propane

9. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    The KJW M700 takedown? No... It has leaking issues where you split it. If you go the gas rifle route just get the KJW M700 (not the takedown model) and HPA rig it.

10. th3b3ard

th3b3ard New Member

Is there a spring sniper you would recommend?

11. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Oh yes, absolutely.

But finding one in the states brand new might be tough. I'm talking about the Classic Army M24. Great gun all around, but still needs upgrades (just like any spring powered sniper rifle) to perform the way you would like it to. Rather then me writing up all the good and bad things about it I strongly suggest you search up "Classic Army M24" either on here or google.

If you go that way, then next step would be finding one. I've seen them get put up on various airsoft classifieds in good shape (some even already upgraded) so if you look around you can find one for a good price.

Other then the Classic Army, an easier approach would be to just pick up a JG BAR-10 and throw in a bunch of upgrades. It will be easy to find one, cheap, and upgrades are plentiful. You have plenty more options then these two, but these are the ones that work really good and that I have more experience with.

12. lukeM

lukeM New Member

great falls
    I can't reccomend it for one reason. There are no magazines that feed properly. The gun has to be turned upside down to load in most cases.

13. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    What gun are you talking about? E1 M28, KJW M700, CA M24, JG BAR-10?