Is the Godfather Airsoft Factory a good arena?

Discussion in 'New Jersey Airsoft Forum' started by AirsoftRambo17, Jan 9, 2012.

1. AirsoftRambo17

AirsoftRambo17 New Member

I was going to plan a event for my team but I want to know if is a good arena for play. I play with players of all types so I was wondering if it would be a good place for a trip. Any recommendation will be appreciated.

2. Arekkusu723

Arekkusu723 Active Member

Statesville
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! The arena itself is quite small to average size. When they say the factory is 50,000 sq ft, that includes the Staging Area and a lot of other things. It is VERY poorly run as well.

3. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Yes yes yes yes yes, op, listen to ^this^! you do not get what you pay for, do not go to Godfather!!!!!!!!! Everything is overpriced, refs are horrible, pat's a *%}*^#%** and you should not go because i said so!!!! Ok, maybe not the last reason, but you get the point. Some good arenas in the area would be Stryker Airsoft, which is probabley about a 30min drive from GF.

4. AirsoftRambo17

How cool is Stryker because now I'm interested in the joint.

5. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    I havent been there yet, i might be going soon, but Arekkusu has been there before, so you can ask him. Also, there are a lot of gameplay videos on youtube if you want to see what its like.

6. Arekkusu723

Statesville
    I'm not trying to say, "hey, forget any other place, just got to Stryker", but... there's really not much more I can say. The owner is very personable and kind. The refs are actually capable of doing their jobs, and the field is layed out VERY nicely. Oh, and they only charge like $13 for 5k BBs. My ONLY complaints would be spawn trapping sometimes. If you want any more info, just let me know :)

7. AirsoftRambo17

8. Arekkusu723

Statesville
    Any time dude! Any questions; feel free to ask!

9. roguesniper83

roguesniper83 New Member

The Airsoft factory is a horrible place to play I played there and left in the middle of a game I kept getting shot in the head on purpose kids were aiming for my head I said something to the ref and all he did was sit on his fat *** and do nothing the manager said something to everybody but that didn't make a difference. The arena is small there are to many structures and they are to big there is no place to move around. In addition they advertise open play 4-10 and they didn't start till 6. Admission is not $25 like advertised its $26 and change plus u have to use their bb's and wear a mouthpiece if u don't have a face mask which u have to pay an extra 3 bucks for. If u wanna host a game id go to Stryker in hackettstown for $300 bucks for like 4 or 5 hours just confirm the price with them

10. rfkhunter

rfkhunter New Member

The Airsoft Factory is a good place to play. They DO NOT make you use their BB's. Ive been playing the outdoor and the Indoor, never have I seen or heard of anybody being told they cant use other BB's . Only issue I have is the play times on weekend start late due to parties, but that's business money has to be made. The ref's constantly change up since Ive been going, but they have been reasonably open to what type of game you want to play.

I haven't been to Stryker, but it looks way too open, not enough structure to me, but everybody has different likes, cant make everyone happy.

Go see for yourself ! Dont let others sway you decision, you may love it you may not. Only you can tell.

Roguesniper83 Ever hear of tax $25 x .07= $1.75 = $26.75 complain to the state ! It's $25 at the outdoor because it is considered a CLUB, under that status there is no Sales tax.

Ever get shot in the mouth without a mouthpiece ? Well my friend did and it cracked his tooth. If you like to have broken teeth then dont wear one.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  11. Pillsy07

Pillsy07 New Member

Philadelphia
    The worst part about the factory is the other people especially the large amounts of younger kids and the refs don't really do much at all

12. rfkhunter

rfkhunter New Member

Yeh little kids are annoying ! Just take em out early !

13. roguesniper83

roguesniper83 New Member

Ok regardless what u say I've played both the outdoor and the original indoor as well as the Airsoft factory and both suck because of the they are run. I've been involved in situations with the owner as well as friends of mine. Employees don't know what they are talking about in the store the refs don't do anything during games I've had kids aiming at my head and been shot in the and even the back of the head at point blank range. There's a reason godfathers customer base is all kids because no self respecting adult will play there. So u can praise godfather all u want but in the end it's still not gonna make me or my friends play of but from him let alone change out opinions about it bottom line is he is a rip off artist who don't care about anyone but himself regardless if there is money to be made or not. So u praising godfather tells me u are a new player and only have played at godfather and nowhere else.

14. rfkhunter

rfkhunter New Member

Nope not a new player at all, Ive played at Zulu in Rock tavern NY and it is much better run and quality of games are better. Only problem for me is distance, $30 in gas to go round trip ! LOL As far as playing indoors there hasnt ever been one to speak of until this past year when Stryker and Factory opened. The original was just plain ol' useless.

I agree the little kids are a pain in the ***, but just take the time an educate them. I'm sure you werent perfect your first time out.

My response to your other post was just correcting you, you give incorrect statements as far as $25 for BB's, making you use their BB's and the $26, like I said TAX included. All untrue statements.

Also it wasn't PRAISING ! Just made a simple statement that it is a "GOOD" place to play. No where did I say OOOOO OOOOO you must go to GF it's the best !!!

15. Arekkusu723

Statesville
    No, I believe he was actually correct about them charging $25 for BBs. I witnessed first hand my friend buying a bag of 4k .25g BBs for $25. Maybe the kid running the counter wanted extra cash for his pocket and marked them up for his benefit, or they really are $25.

16. JiggAirsoft

JiggAirsoft New Member

Ramsey
    I personally didn't mind GodFather's Outdoor Field. Yeah, it's a little overpriced, but there's no other places near Northern New Jersey. I had a lot of fun when I went there, but yes, it is a poorly run field and the refs are not strict.

17. bluesovietmoose

bluesovietmoose New Member

Maplewood
    I have been to the Airsoft Factory before and I for one can say it is fine. The indoor arena is pretty small, but it's fine for casual airsoft. I wouldn't recommend it for more competitive players, though.

18. tango91

tango91 New Member

Arlington
    Not trying to thread jack here but does anyone know if Stryker changes their layout everynow and again? it looks like some of the buildings are free standing so they may be able to, just curious.

19. Tornado-Airsoft

Tornado-Airsoft New Member

Yes. They do and Stryker is a much better field. We have some game play videos at Stryker and the Airsoft Factory and notice that we get many more kills and have more fun at Stryker. Our YouTube channel I TornadoAirsoft313 look us up.

20. tango91

tango91 New Member

Arlington
    Awesome, great to know, and yeah ill check out your youtube channel for sure.