Is there a way to make this gun more "SEAL"

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by FortSandy, Jan 1, 2013.

1. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Alright, I've been wondering about making this gun purrrrrrrtyyyy since I got it. With that being said, the front sight sadly can't be removed, and I honestly don't know what kind of rails it can except.

G&G MYNGUN.jpg

2. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    Get a new outer barrel and flash hider. That should take care of the front sight.

3. Col1500

Col1500 Member

Kent
    Technically, you're a little bit on the way towards a MK18 Mod 0. Looks up builds for that, they're all over, and just use this thread as a journal.

4. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    To make it more "Seal" add whiskers and flippers....sorry couldn't help it.

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    You'll need to switch out the entire front end. Put a 10.5" barrel on it, a normal triangle FSP, a circular handguard cap, a proper delta ring, and you'll be able to fit a 7" KAC RIS in there. With that you're not too far off from the base of an mk18 mod 0. You'll need a different rear sight and you should use an A1 pistol grip as well. Then it's just a matter of using the proper accessories. A coat of paint will get rid of the nasty trades and you're set.

That said, you don't need to make everything SEAL. Nobody here does. There's far too much wannabe SEAL stuff coming from guys who have no interest researching what it takes to actually do it. It's a case where if you have to ask, you should reevaluate why you're doing it.

6. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

Not really going for the "seal" look anymore, but is would this look good on a gun?

Gun shopping list.jpg

EDIT: a 11.5 inch is 292 mm, so will a 285 MM barrel be fine?

7. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    I personally think that RIS looks like garbage.

8. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize Active Member

OKC
    Same here, sir pancake house.

Daniel defense All the way.

9. CallsignPyro

CallsignPyro New Member

Has madbull come out with the Noveske NSR handguard yet?

10. FortSandy

FortSandy New Member

would I use a 247mm barrel in a 10.5 in ?