Is this a good battery?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by ncore, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    ncore,

You've been here for almost a year now, you need to be able to post a better thread than this. For instance, your question is will this battery be too powerful. Too powerful for what? A 600 FPS build? No, it'll be under powered. A LPEG? Yeah, it'll tear it apart. Something in the middle? Maybe, if we knew what it was.

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Is it bad that I'd want to see it on a LPEG?

3. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Not at all, no one would consider it a waste.

4. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    I know lol. For this being my 400th post this is kind of a noob question, but I just got my first aeg (m16). I thought this battery was a great deal, just not sure if it is too much power.

5. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    What M16???? Need this information so we can help you. What brand, and if possible a link to the gun.

6. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Actually it is one i bought used. It has a plastic body from aimtop, a jg gearbox with upgraded piston and 130 spring (I will be putting in a 110 so it can pass chronos), I am not sure what motor it has but the trigger response is not very impressive, it has resistance wiring and is wired to the back into a full stock. Also has a 6.03mm tbb.

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That battery is awful, the discharge rate is pathetic, you can get li-po's that are 3 times as powerful from Hobbyking at the same price.

8. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
  9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    The second one will be a lot better than the first.

The firefox isn't a "bad" battery it just has a really low dischage rate at 12c. IMO It isn't worth buying even if it is only 9.00 The zippy will be much better. Just make sure the battery will fit in the area you plan on putting it in.

As far as your gun it sounds like it's basically a JG M16. If the gun hasn't been re-shimmed or AOE adjusted you might run into problems sooner than later using the 11.1 As long as you don't hold the trigger down for extended periods of time and keep it to short bursts when on full auto you should be ok.

My buddy stripped his piston in his JG M4 within 2 mags becuase he thought he could run an 11.1 and play as he usually does. Hes trigger happy and the gun didn't last to long.

10. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I would easily take that Zippy battery over the Firefox, it's a much better buy.